1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim 250/102 system to which Integrated Amp?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Barwon, May 8, 2019.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

i am sure the Cor is good but its only just recently come out and would sell even s/h for 2-3 times the op`s budget of 1k

plinius would be available and there is a new plinius integrated here at 1250 , well worth considering . from an ex wammer who runs winters audio

https://www.wintersaudio.co.uk/ex-demo-part-exchange

2. Barwon

Barwon Member

Thanks John. I listened to Rega Elicit R, Cyrus 8.2, and Roxsan Caspian and I have invested in the Rega Elicit R. It was best to my ears in my room, my music and with my PMC Fact.8 speakers.

3. seadog7

seadog7 Member

ATC SIA2-150 – Stereo Integrated Amplifier, second hand either mk 1 or mk 2 and you may need to pay a bit more than your budget. But it will own those PMC Fact 8 speakers.

4. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

Congratulations - is it a downgrade or not?

Doesn’t matter now, but I also would have kept at least the 250 if you were concerned about maintenance - these are simple amps easy to keep alive, and while expensive if done at Naim dealers in Oz I would have found the local repair place and provided them with info from forums like PFM on how to service & repair. Who cares whether it has Naim service history or not, certainly not you after you’ve popped your clogs :)

5. PerF

PerF Member

Any service history is allways good to have, at least to keep re-sale value of a 250