1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Naim 82/Supercap/Avondale S100

Discussion in 'audio' started by Natara, Dec 6, 2018 at 5:55 PM.

1. Natara

Natara pfm Member

I’m swapping my Nap 180 for one of Avondale Audio’s S100 dual mono power amps. I’ll be using it with a Naim 82/Supercap driving my Dynaudio Contour s3.4 speakers

I had almost bought a Nap 250 (sorry Simon) when the S100 came up and I had always wanted to try one.
    So can anyone tell me what to expect from the S100?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:04 PM
  2. suzywong

suzywong The Man who had no Naim

A depleted bank account? :):)

3. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Yes of course but by a lot less than a Nap 250 and - sale of the Nap 180 ;)

4. psd122

psd122 pfm Member

I had les build me one and he told me it would make my 250 sound broken. I'm fairly sure he was right. I also had an 82 in front of it din't miss the 250 at all, enjoy cheers Paul.

5. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Thanks Paul I'm looking forward to it.

6. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Putting this new combination through it's paces the first thing I noticed is how quiet it is with the volume up and no music playing compared to the Naim it's almost silent.

7. psd122

psd122 pfm Member

Rock and roll

8. Natara

Natara pfm Member

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????