1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim Allae Floorstanding Speakers Finished in Maple - Fantastic Condition

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Weeman1973, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

Im selling my Naim Allae speakers in Maple finish. Only recently bought from a member of this parish but now due to a change of system in the Lounge, these are up for sale.

Owned by the original purchaser for 12 years then me for 2 months!

They are in excellent condition apart form some slight discolouration due to sunlight and minor marks which is to be expected given their age - the worst of which I've tried to show in photo's.

Smoke free environment.

They come with original spikes and grilles.

They had the tweeters replace by Naim and fitted by Signals of Ipswich 5 years ago.

They also had the internal damping pads in replaced in Nov 2018 as they had disintegrated, a well known issue for these speakers.

Unfortunately I no longer have the boxes and therefore collection only (I live in Cambridge) but travel to Northampton most days with work so drop off could be an option.

Looking to get back what I paid so at £350, an absolute bargain.

[​IMG]Naim Allae by weeman1973, on Flickr

[​IMG]Naim Allae
    by weeman1973, on Flickr

2. onespeed

onespeed pfm Member

do they separate into pieces like SBLs?

3. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

Yes they do - the top driver comes away from the main column - I'll try & get some photo's of them apart later.

That's one of the benefits of this speaker as I believe it's that gap that is the port as it were so they are not so fussy about placement.

4. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

Pre weekend Bump for these marvellous speakers at a wonderful price....

5. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

They’re still here......

6. ewencummins

ewencummins pfm Member

Give the man a bump.

Very honestly photographed, and what small damage there is is pretty much behind the grille.

A tiny bit of wax crayon in the tiny crack really can work wonders, but you probably won't notice it for the grille in any case.

A complete bargain at the asking. If I was in the area they'd have been bought long since.

7. ewencummins

ewencummins pfm Member

And if you're ever further North than Northampton please let me know.

8. Trekker

Trekker pfm Member

Ridiculously cheap!

9. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Amazed they are still for sale, great price for a fantastic speaker I run 272/555DR/250DR into a pair of Allaes and no need to look any further as these speakers don't hold back.

10. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

Appreciate the comments & the bump.

I’ve had some interest in them but nothing concrete which I’m amazed at too given the price & the history of them (new tweeters etc).

I’ll keep them if no interest at this price as wont give them away & they’ll sound amazing in a system I’ve got planned in my study as and when a house move comes off.....

Just out of interest, where abouts North of Northampton are you? I was in Melton Mowbray this morning & sometimes go to Mansfield way with work

11. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

Thanks all for the comments & bumps.

Consider this a bump to myself for a Saturday lunch time!

12. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

One and only price reduction......

Willing to let them go at £330 as I need the space.

Collection from Cambridgeshire or can deliver between there & Northampton as work there most days.