1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim CD5XS CD Player (Mint Boxed)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Mr Pig, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Naim CD5XS HDCD CD player.

Player is in mint/unmarked condition and perfect working order. As well as playing HDCDs, other benefits the CD5XS include a digital output, switchable DIN and RCA/phono sockets, and seperate PSU input. One of the most versatile CD players Naim have ever made and in my opinion one of the best balanced as well.

Comes in full naim double-box packing and will be shipped via insured carrier. Collection from near Glasgow is also fine.

In the box:

Naim CD5XS HDCD CD player.
    Brand new Narcom-4 remote, still sealed in the bag.
    Naim power lead.
    Instruction manual.
    Two pucks.
    Link plug.
    Transit screw.

Pictures to follow.

£950

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

3. simon g

simon g Grumpy Old Man

The Naim CD5XS is not an SACD player. It will play the CD layer of a dual layer SACD/CD disc, but not the SACD layer. This is as most other CD players.

Obviously, it will not play single layer SACD discs.

4. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Of course, my mistake. It's an HDCD player. Thanks for that.

5. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

I am open to offers, I should've said that, though not silly ones.

Also worth mentioning that this machine was in production until relatively recently and is still fully supported by Naim.

6. Ardo

Ardo New Member

Do you have some pictures, which year / serial no.?

7. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

If you click on the link in my second post there are pictures on the Gumtree listing. The pictures don't do it justice. The casework is immaculate, not a mark on it. Both displays are also perfect. Bleeding is a common issue on Naim displays.

Serial number is: 303351

8. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Price reduced: £850 plus postage.

9. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

Sold and posted.