1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim NAC12 Preamplifier £295 ono

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by misterc6, Feb 24, 2018.

1. misterc6

misterc6 Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did

A friend recently unearthed this gem which he had stored and then forgotten. He asked me to check it over and offer it for sale. It's a version 2 NAC12 with serial number 0203 and was built in 1975. I'm aware that there is a strong market for these in original condition as borne out by recent eBay sales and have kept it as original as possible.

Electronically it is virtually as the day it was built with two NA112 issue 3 gain boards and two NA114 issue 3 buffer boards. The controls look, feel and sound fine and the knobs and sockets are all original. The original split pins in the phono board positions have been replaced by Tyco pins allowing the use of NA322 and NA323 boards which are more readily available than the earlier versions. For this sale I've put removable links on the phono board pins to give a third line level input. I have a pair of NA323S issue 2 MC phono boards which may be available subject to separate negotiation if they haven't sold on eBay BIN.

Cosmetically it is mainly in very good condition for its age but the lid has suffered some damage. When I received it the lid was off and it looked as if a previous owner had difficulty removing the it and, having released a few of the screws, had tried to lever it off. I've managed to straighten it out but it does have a few ripples on the surface. The lid is fully functional and fitting well and it would not be too difficult or expensive for the new owner to get a new lid made, in fact I remember someone doing this very recently.

I've had it operating in my system and it is sounding smooth, sweet, and frankly fabulous.

Please remember that this will need a single +24V d.c. power supply from a Naim power amplifier, NAPS, SNAPS, HiCap or other after-market power supply.

NAC12s have been reaching very high prices on eBay lately but this one is reduced for a quick sale:

SOLD

[​IMG]IMG_0157 by Malcolm Connah, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0160 by Malcolm Connah, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0161 by Malcolm Connah, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  2. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

You have PM, I'll take this please.