1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Naim NAP 300DR

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Rack Kit, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

Selling on behalf of another PFM member who doesn't have enough to posts to sell on here so happy to do this for him. He's great guy who I've already dealt with and I've seen this amp and can vouch that it's in great condition and sound fantastic.

Any enquiries and I'll pass on his details via PM.

He's only asking for £4200 (current new list is £8300) ono for a 300 that was only DR'd and fully serviced in 2016 and comes with all the original packaging and instructions.

Collection preferred but will meet half way depending on distance from the Wirral area.

Kind Regards, Rack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

what does DR mean, and dont say its an upgrade, what have they done,

3. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

If your not aware of that...your probably not going to spend £4k on this...

Rack Kit and Mickdale like this.
  4. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

no, but i would like to know what, they naim, have done ,and what the improvement is ,
    by the way i have a Esoteric K01-X £20k player, and Spectral amps, so just asking

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Snufkin likes this.
  5. lencotweaker

lencotweaker Mostly dreaming of record players

The DR upgrade is predominantly a change of power supply regulation from IC’s to discreet components. They also introduced new output transistors developed with a semi-conductor manufacturer and redesigned the circuit boards on some of the power amps. The upgrade from 300 to 300DR is a substantial change with new boards in the amps.

good article here: https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/naim-dr-power-amps-and-upgrades/

markah likes this.
  6. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

thanks, ;), read the review,
    what is a discreet component, ?

7. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

There are before and after photos posted on this site that will answer your question, I’m sure. Though some of the changes to discrete components might be a little discreet!

8. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

To get the thread back on track - I have 2 of these DR’d NAP300s and they’re a wonderful amp. This is a very very good price too. If we’re all going to be cooped-up we might as well enjoy the music!

Cereal Killer likes this.
  9. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Very tempting for me to upgrade my 250dr.

This is a great price but I'm in the process of moving house!!

Good luck with the sale.

10. nicnaim

nicnaim Toon Toon

Rackit, would your mate be interested in a part exchange deal for a Chrome Bumper 250 or hanging on until I sell to allow me the full funds?

Regards

Nic

11. nicnaim

nicnaim Toon Toon

Rackit

This thread has understandably gone a little quiet given the current circumstances, but if your friend is still looking to sell I now have the finances to do so. Not sure how we complete the transfer of kit under the “essential” travel restrictions, but I am a few hours away in Newcastle. Send me a message.

Regards

Nic