1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] Naim SL2

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Olli I, May 23, 2020 at 5:30 PM.

1. Olli I

Olli I pfm Member

I’m not sure how much SL2s are worth these days and is there any point to sell them. These have had one owner from new before me. They were ordered as active speakers from factory and before my ownership they were run with high end active Naim. First 52/250s and after that with 552dr/300s. I have used them with Rega Osiris myself with after market passive crossovers.

Color is cherry. In very good condition. Boxed, manual etc. New grilles. Crossovers have short leads and it would be best to use with wall brackets or wall shelves or some stands near the speakers.

I have other speakers (Neat Momentums and Marten Formfloors) and my wife much prefers the aesthetics of them....it is not a problem itself, she can live with SL2s. She just doesn’t like how they look.... I don’t want to put shelves or stands near the speakers myself as the listening room is quite small already. I know I could source another pair of passive crossovers (original or after market with longer leads) but considering all of the above.... I would like to hear what is the going rate for the SL2s. Thanks for looking.

2. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

Last pair I saw were c.£2k on the ‘bay.

ETA - completed items shows £2195, in cherry, boxed and with the PXOs.

3. Ewen1970

Ewen1970 The Ocean Doesn't Want Me

So the Passive Xovers you have are not Naim ones right?

presume they don’t simply attach to the back of the speaker like SBLs then?

Can you ship ok?

4. Olli I

Olli I pfm Member

They are not original Naim Passive xovers. They have Naim plugs but crossovers are so heavy that you can’t hang them behind SL2s in my opinion. They should be on a wall shelf or stand or something or perhaps on Fraim or something. I do have original boxes for SL2s and a box for passive xovers.

5. Ewen1970

Ewen1970 The Ocean Doesn't Want Me

6. Olli I

Olli I pfm Member

Just dropped you an email

7. RS3

RS3 Member

What make are the cross-overs?

8. Olli I

Olli I pfm Member

I believe they are by mister Ibbots from this parish

9. Olli I

Olli I pfm Member

Do anyone know the shipping dimensions and weight for SL2s in original packings or where I could find them? I have always looked the shipping information from internet for other Naim kit I have sold over the years but I can't find the information for SL2s

10. anotherdom

anotherdom pfm Member

That’ll be with original PXOs though?

11. Olli I

Olli I pfm Member

I know the shipping information would at internet would be with the Naim crossovers if I could find the information. Naim passive crossovers don't weight so much (maybe 700 grams or something). Active speakers would probably be: shipping weight - 700 grams.

Aftermarket crossovers will travel in their own box. They are so heavy. I don't think it would be a good idea to pack them in the speaker boxes.