1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Name Dropping.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by George J, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

You have me confused with Nick Robinson.

2. CHE

CHE pfm Member

I was once interviewed on TV by someone who recently attempted to be elected as Prime Minister. I think I still have it on tape somewhere.

CHE

3. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

On a works do over christmas i was throwing up and boy george who was the Dj walked past.

4. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

I vaguely knew that lot in the late 70s. My then girlfriend shared a flat in Devonshire Close behind Harley Street with Rusty Egan, and there was a regular procession of the Blitz Club crowd, Stevie Strange, Boy George and so on. Never went to The Blitz Club, not my bag.

5. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

The blonde Scouse nightmare?

6. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Paul O'Grady?

7. deebster

deebster pfm Member

8. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

He went to my school you know (he says, name-droppingly).

9. deebster

deebster pfm Member

Have a pint for yourself
    And a pint for the drag TV guy

10. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

I used to work with Dave Alibone. He was briefly the radio operator on the Prinz Eugen.

11. CHE

CHE pfm Member

The very same. We had a disagreement on how to pronounce the word 'plethora'; she claimed her elocution teacher taught her proper, like.

CHE

tqineil likes this.
  12. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

I dated Miss Moneypenny's (Lois Maxwell's) niece; does that count?

13. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

I'm descended from Dick Turpin's paternal grandfather.

14. DCA

DCA pfm Member

My Dad used to drink in the same pub Sammy Davis Junior never drank in!:rolleyes:

15. SteveT

SteveT pfm Member

When I lived in Catford many moons ago I lived near the sweet shop that was owned by the parents of Blakey from On the Buses. I never saw Blakey mind but that must count for something surely.

16. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

o_O I"ll get you butler

17. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

I've got one thing to say to you. Olive!

18. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

I met Bill Clinton in 1974, and was soaking wet and half-naked at the time.

It was a Saturday morning in October, 1974, I had just got up and gone to take a shower. As soon as I got back to my dorm room there was a knock on the door, so with a towel around my waist I answered, and there stood Bill Clinton with his hand out. I shook it (holding up the towel with the other hand...), he introduced himself and asked if I was registered to vote, and if he could count on my vote in November. He was running for the Arkansas 3rd Congressional District, against the incumbent Republican John Paul Hammerschmidt. I informed him that yes I was registered, but in a different district and my own Democratic Congressman would get my support. He informed me that there was still time to change my registration and support him, to which I politely declined. He shook me hand again and went off to knock on the door of the next dormitory room.

Clinton lost that election, but two years later he ran for office as Arkansas Attorney General and won, then two years after that ran for Governor and won.

Tim Jones and Big Tabs like this.
  19. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

My Dad was Donald Neilson's (The Black Panther https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Neilson armed robber, kidnapper and murderer) best mate since infants school. My Dad was interviewed for BBC News and appeared in a TV documentary about Neilson.

And my sister dated Peter Frampton for a while back in the 70s.

Big Tabs likes this.
  20. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Did she show him the way, everyday?

Sorry, that was terrible.

doctorf and Weekender like this.