1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kate Bush

Discussion in 'music' started by Fox, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

This came out of the blue for me

50 words for snow

(mind you I don't follow the fan sites so don't know if it's been hotly anticipated)

Two Bush LPs in a year -- on vinyl too -- what is the world coming to?

2. Jonathan Ribee

Jonathan Ribee Unavailable at present

Not since 1978.

(KB and Tom Waits have had albums out in the same year six times in the last 33 years) - jus' sayin'

3. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Should be good, i think the last one i bought was the one with all the Blackbirds singing, with a bit of Rolf Harris dabbling a bit of paint, and that song about a washing machine and her mothers little brown jug...

Looking forward to this, as it's all new, like a fresh fall of snow!

4. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

that song about the washing machine and brown jugs was bloody genius.

5. Fox

Fox The sound of one hoof clopping

She comes to PFM for inspiration you know (being a Naimie and the Naim Mods creeped her out when she was banned "for not being woman enough"). I think ClaraBannister is her PFM nom-de-plume.

This is common knowledge. Internets fact.

6. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

I religiously get her albums as they appear. Great lyricist, usually acceptable-to brilliant-melodies, mostly original, often startlingly so. Worth listening to in other words. When I've seen her being interviewed, she comes across as articulate and intelligent. And dropping into the testosterone zone, tasty as hell.

But, boy oh boy, do I struggle with the voice.

Chris

7. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Tis common knowledge that in between polishing his Howitzer and brandishing his Hitlerjugend Knives that the one and only Lemmy Kilmister often pops into Pink Fish for a chat, although you would probably know him better by his PFM nom-de-plume - Mick Parry.

8. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Nah, I don't believe that.

Lemmy lives out in LA while Mick goes on about his invasion of Spain.

Jack

9. Mescalito

Mescalito pfm Member

Yeah, and I'm really Billy Bragg.

Chris

10. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The new Kate Bush elpee ... She is much more artistically interesting than say Madonna and I'll have a listen and probably buy it.

A journalist I know has a copy of the new album which he is writing about. He says it's not groundbreaking but good and ... uhm.

Our conversation was on fleaBay and he was being diplomatic, a bit worried that the evil angels of EMI would come and smite him.

Jack

11. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

And Jack is Lester Bangs

12. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

Come to think of it! I was out and about on the Costa Blanca last week and whilst enjoying a nice ice gold San Miguel on the promenade an open top Jag did glide past with an ageing, wealthy heavilly tanned brit pair onboard - maybe it was our Mick?

13. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

14. kjb

kjb pfm Member

Never been that much of a KB fan, but listening to this stream sounds like she's been listening to a lot of mid Joni Mitchell (circa Hejira) and later Talk Talk. Her voice, which I usually find off-putting, has acquired a strange and likable huskiness.

Actually rather like it.

Shame it's got Stephen Fry on it - we have a rule in this house so it won't cross the threshold.

Kevin

15. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

She used to go out with a hifi type and used bariks for quite some time

16. Michael L

Michael L pfm Member

Kate has a voice that can verge on the sublime.

Listen to her swooping tones in Kashka from Baghdad.

17. Michael L

Michael L pfm Member

Which I've just found on YouTube..

or live...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  18. lexi

lexi pfm Member

Fantastic live version. Cor......what a babe!
    First 4 albums for me and then we stopped writing to each other:rolleyes:..........will have to check out.

19. mmterror

mmterror pfm Member

Wasn't she/isnt she a big smoker?

20. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

In the live performance above it amazing how much she sounds like Tori Amos, and the phrasing is pure PJ Harvey!

On my second listen to the album now. Who is it narrating on the first track at the start is that Kate Bush? because it sounds like someone else to me!