1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kate Bush

Discussion in 'music' started by Fox, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

I suggest rebranding to uh-oh.

2. Michael L

Michael L pfm Member

You assume that all listeners have equal opportunity to listen to these real artists.

I'd lay money that first exposure to Ladysmith Black Mamboza for the majority of Europeans came about when Paul Simon included them on "Graceland."

Do refuse to listen to the Stones, as you insist on simply listening to the Delta bluesmen?

3. SteveB

SteveB Wir sind schaufensterpuppen

Delta bluesmen? Those newcomers? I just listen to a caveman banging a stick on a log.

4. Anh

Anh Naim ghetto blaster

Get over it, I dont rate the new Kate Bush album - recently her stuff has been highly overated and predominately by male listeners.

Male listeners who start behaving like whiney divas reacting to my comments is another matter though.

5. Anh

Anh Naim ghetto blaster

Firstly, you do not need western musicans to raise awareness of other types of music.

The Stones - if you look at the their catalogue as a whole is not some re-packaged Delta Blues, even if that sort of music inspired them.

6. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

7. Michael L

Michael L pfm Member

You don't need to, of course. But thats not what I said and I feel sure that Paul Simon has had a greater effect on the popularity of African music than any other Westerner.

8. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

Kate Bush
    artist
    Thank you

9. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

So still being a bit of a knob then. Got anymore ridiculous generalisatiions you'd like to make?

10. Space is the Place

Clam down Ricky! A man of your advanced years could have a heart attack! :p

11. RickyC6

I know, it's just so hard being right all the time.

12. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

got my copy for christmas and its a real heavyweight.

best pressed piece of vinyl i have seen in years!

13. Space is the Place

Ive been having a good listen to mine, every time you listen another little secret of the album is revealed, lovely.

14. andyoz

andyoz pfm Member

15. dspatterson

dspatterson Keltik Krazy

Pity Elton could not get his voice as well recorded on his own albums.

16. abbott

abbott pfm Member

Bought it a week a go and played it lots since, a few tracks were initially pleasant enough, the ones with guest vocals initially very dissapointing grew on me a bit then became irritating and skip over jobs, overall have to say I think its a very mediocre and slightly dissapointing effort. Were it not so very well recorded/produced and written by Kate Bush I suspect most people wouldnt give it time of day.

17. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

I have been a fan of Kate's since the seventies. 50 words for snow is poor. Hey-ho, the rest of her stuff is sublime so a duffer was due. The Dreaming is my fav.

18. abbott

abbott pfm Member

The more I listen to it the more I conclude "50 Words for Shit" would have been a more appropriate title!

19. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

The problem with the LP is that I expect to enjoy a Kate Bush album as a 'whole' with no flicking through the tracks. There are a couple of listenable tracks on 50 words.. but as a complete listen it does not work. (unless depressed)

20. RickyC6

I think it is a very wonderful thing.