1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Kate Bush

Discussion in 'music' started by Fox, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Well i like it too i guess i must be depressed or a man of a certain age. ;)

Song about a lonely Yeti on there, and one about a little dog drowning, a snowman melting leaving a pillow strewn with wet leaves (the inconsiderate t**t), i feel i can empathise with all these things, sigh...lol

2. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

Im a grudging admirer of Reg n' Steve - I hear too much of S Fry/marketing/ . Im still recovering from Diana's Funeral - and a little of Reg goes a long way however on this album they both undersell their thing (thank heavens). I just switch off my moaning voice and just listen to the professionalism and talent - mostly in her production skills - amazing recording and spatially very intersting. No wonder she produces vinyl - no bloody wonder at all

So rest easy Reg n Steves are

restrained by Ms Bush!?

Be still

3. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

4. kjb

kjb pfm Member

I've always found her stuff overly theatrical and whimsical but love 50 Words.

The old stuff always had a foot in the prog camp where the new record seems to be closer to Joanna Newsom's records - which is a good thing in my book.

Kevin

5. MartinC

MartinC pfm Member

Here we go again... Anh, stop being so predicable man.

6. Anh

Anh Naim ghetto blaster

Not as predictable as middle class folk named Martin getting hot under the collar because I dont rate their shitty little artists.

7. Michael L

Michael L pfm Member

Oh, look; handbags.

8. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

For some reason I totally missed this.

Just listening now and it seems pretty good.

If it proves to be half as good as 'Aerial' I'll be happy as that is one of my favourites.

9. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

10. Linn Naim

Linn Naim pfm Member

11. mudlark

mudlark nearly half a clue

Thank you for sharing that with us. Are you deaf?

12. kg648

kg648 pfm Member

Probably.

13. glenda

glenda pfm Member

kg648
    My all time favourite record "Norah Jones - Come Away With Me" starting off with the track "Nightingale" followed by the rest of the album ( don't ask. )

Yes Kate is certainly no Norah Jones......... supply your own punchline folks

Tony

14. cliffpatte

cliffpatte Speed camera anarchist

why all the thread crapping?

Personally I don't care if other people hate Kate Bush, but why make a point of posting these opinions on this thread?

15. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Because it's a thread about Kate Bush??.......

16. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

She should refuse it, just like Danny Boyle has done with his knighthood.

Jack

17. mudlark

mudlark nearly half a clue

Honours are a bit of a quandry. Most rational people take honours because it helps their area of interest. I hate the Sir Quentin Boot-cleaner type honours, but the "nation" honouring charirty work and sport, music etc is fine with me.

It's a shame you can't get honours for being ordinary, damn. I would like to think that any honour I received was on behalf of the common man. HE,He.

18. GforceMI69

GforceMI69 pfm Member

she's definitely worthy of her CBE, very pleased for her.

been a fan of her music since Wuthering Heights was at #1 in the charts and own everything she'd made on Vinyl, finally got around to buying "50 Words for Snow" on Vinyl in the last month, it's a masterpiece in surprise, Misty is my favourite on the album.