1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rega Purchase

Discussion in 'audio' started by Fire99, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Fire99

Fire99 pfm Member

I just auditioned the Apollo from my dealer for two weeks connected to my Dac-r and both my wife and I were blown away with how good our CD’s sounded, enough so that I convinced the boss to purchase the Saturn-R. It’s going to be a great weekend!
    Definitely an improvement over the Apollo + Dac-r.
    A perfect match.
    Just a quick shout out to Paul Darwin for all his help- much appreciated from my wife and me:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Interesting that it's such an improvement over the DAC-R. I have been tempted, just to cut down boxes. Hmmm.

3. Fire99

Fire99 pfm Member

I was trying to find the old Apollo-r to match my system (a bit OCD) but couldn’t find a new one and I was so impressed with the sound that the logical step was the Saturn-R. A bit of wine with my wife and allowing her pick out all her favourite CDs for the evening convinced her.:)
    She even agreed to keep my Dac-r to use in another room instead of loosing money selling it.
    I’m very happy with this purchase- I never thought I’d be so impressed with CD’s, I would purchase a player after 15 years!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Craig B and Seanm like this.
  4. Darren

Darren All Business

Bless you both! great to see two people enjoying their hifi and music so much.
    Can I please ask what the box at the top of the stack is? ( where the display says 121)

Fire99 likes this.
  5. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

It looks like a North American outlet and probably reads 121V so maybe a surge conditioner thingy?

htsdgrvs likes this.
  6. Fire99

Fire99 pfm Member

It’s a Furman power conditioner- I make no claims of sonic improvement, I use for the peace of mind from any power surges, and we get a lot in my area.

Darren likes this.
  7. Darren

Darren All Business

Sounds sensible to me!

8. bhazen

bhazen pfm Member

Rega sources and amps are the best!!

Fire99 likes this.
  9. Joe

Joe pfm Member

Excellent ! ... thats hi-fi sorted out then. Time I moved on to some other interest...something else to occupy those spare moments.

bhazen likes this.
  10. Olsen

Olsen pfm Member

They made tons of various amps - which ones do you mean or is it all of them ? Mira, Brio, Elicit Osiris Elex..you name it!!
    What is the bhazen wisdom on speakers cables and so on ?

bhazen likes this.
  11. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

has your wife got a sister

Fire99 likes this.
  12. Fire99

Fire99 pfm Member

Lol, they broke the mould.
    I had to work in the morning so I went to bed early while my wife stayed up last night drinking wine and listening to Styx on CD until the wee hours of the morning!
    I think she’s enjoying the CD player:)

paul darwin and Tarzan like this.
  13. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Good show, that is what it is all about!:)

Fire99 likes this.
  14. bhazen

bhazen pfm Member

Listening to music? :)

I love the sense of 'musicality' (I know, boo hiss for that cliché!) I get from all their stuff. The current Brio is maybe my fave of the ones I've heard, value-for-money wise. I've not heard the more high end-y stuff (Osiris, etc.) ... but I can't afford to swim in that pool anyway. But if my current system were burgled or something, I'd replace it with Rega electronics (DAC & Brio or maybe Elex) without even bothering to audition.

I have no wisdom on speaker cables, interconnects, etc. ... having a basic Naim setup currently, I just use the Naim DIN cables supplied and that awful stiff speaker cable. With Rega, probably Chord (?), just cos that's received wisdom. Or whatever budget stuff the dealer recommend.

15. Romulus

Romulus pfm Member

I love this thread its like the old times before the dreaded words Str.....g

Fire99 and paul darwin like this.