1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New Steve Hackett album...

Discussion in 'music' started by antinchip, Feb 8, 2019.

1. antinchip

antinchip pfm Member

"At the Edge of Light".

Always been a fan but I think this is something special. Opening tracks on side 1 set the stall, a powerful opening.

Still some of the "pastoral" harmonies that I am not so keen on, but Mr Hackett's vocals seem stronger than usual. The "world music" theme is there in places but is well done. Plenty of orchestral film soundtrack style stuff but all pretty impressive (very when turned up!). But the guitar...........

Well produced and packaged, poly lined sleeves at last!

Cheers

2. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Good to see him still producing new stuff...and of course he is constantly touring.

3. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

I listened to it on Tidal. I must admit it did not hold my concentration all through it.

Will try again - but there were some quite 'odd' bits