1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

New system.

Discussion in 'audio' started by tyendra, Apr 15, 2018.

1. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

I’d also suggest a trip to Audio T to listen to a few systems and you really need to incorporate a source or sources in your purchase. They have a fair range at Brighton, although having said that I’ve never been blown away by any system set up in their listening rooms.

I’d also look at active studio monitors and active domestic speakers as for seven grand, you could get something really quite special. With dac-preamps you can completely do away with a conventional amplifier and have room correction software to cope with different rooms too.

2. Strictly Stereo

Strictly Stereo Trade: Strictly Stereo

For a little under £9k you can have a full range, fully active speaker with built-in DAC, ADC, preamp and parametric EQ. Just add you choice of digital or analogue source.

JezmondTutu likes this.
  3. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

I’m sure you can Steve. But for £7k you can also have something still really amazing to include a dac fed by your computer etc.

I had a Naim system for 20 years so am not averse to their kit, but we are in a lucky position where there are alternative choices nowadays which in my opinion deliver better bang for buck.

4. tyendra

tyendra Well-Known Member

Which active speakers? ATC.

5. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Trade: Purite Audio

ATC are pretty traditional, for sophisticated boundary filters you are looking at Kii or Dutch&Dutch their 8Cs also have built in EQ which might be useful in a largely square room.
    Keith

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  6. tyendra

I have just been speaking to the Expsure rep. They have an exiting new 500 series due for release by the end of May, with Mono blocks at 200 watts each.

7. Strictly Stereo

I am talking about the somewhat more sophisticated Dutch & Dutch 8c.

8. Strictly Stereo

I agree, but who is Steve?

9. Strictly Stereo

I heard the prototypes at the Bristol show in February. Not too shabby.

10. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

lol - must take more time to read posts. Apologies Strictly!

11. tyendra

What is your opinion of them?

12. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

Did the rep. mention a new DAC?

13. Strictly Stereo

I will let you know when I get them in and have a proper listen. The show demo sounded pretty decent, but I did not get to compare them with the 3010 series and they were using unfamiliar speakers.

14. Strictly Stereo

I have not heard anything about a new Exposure DAC. In the pipeline are a new XM series CD player, two box XM series phono stage and the 5010 pre/power amps. The DAC board for the 3010S2D pre and integrated amps can also be used inside the 5010 preamp.

15. tyendra

Sounds interesting. Let me know when you are down this way, perhaps we can arrange a demo.

16. tyendra

He said there was a whole new 5 series and the first to be released was the two mono blocks and a pre amp. He did say the system would be flexible and you could add a phono stage or a Dac if wanted. And there would be a new CD player arriving soon at about £1400.00

17. Strictly Stereo

The new CD player at about £1,400 is the XM series player.

18. PerF

PerF Senior

If watt is priority I would love to hear those myself :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. tyendra

Does it sound good?

20. Strictly Stereo