1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

No more Bubbly in Weatherspoons

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Barrymagrec, Jun 13, 2018.

1. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

You really shouldn't talk about Weatherspoons' customers like that.

2. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Really? :)

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’ve been in one once and it was a perfectly pleasant experience. I didn’t spot any Champange drinkers though, so Gammon Mullet claiming he’s going to stop buying it sounds like the Savoy Grill saying they’ll no longer serve Buckfast.

4. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Nah....spot on in my town. ;)

5. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

[​IMG]

6. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

I really like Wetherspoons and have had champagne there several times.

When we went to see Kate Bush at the Hammersmith Apollo we went into the nearby 'Spoons.
    There we had a bottle of Moet et Chandon which was £30.
    To be able to buy champagne at that price in London was incredible.

I admit it is not the best champagne, but... £30.

We prefer Pol Roger or Laurent-Perrier. Lately Aldi have sold some exceptional fizzz as well.
    I hope 'Spoons will stock English Chapel Down sparkling wine, that is quite pleasant.

I fully support Wetherspoons, they take historical buildings and bring them back to life.

I do not understand the anti Wetherspoons sentiment.

7. billo

billo pfm Member

Long may it's decline continue, and live up to the name I utter whenever I see one "Witherspoons"

8. Seeker_UK

1 - They don't use product from artisanal microbreweries.
    2 - Its founder is a brexsh**ter.

9. Big Tabs

My wife and I have had champagne in 'spoons many times. I have also had a lunch time binge session with my daughter were we had a bottle or two. £30 Moet, cheaper than the supermarket.

10. Big Tabs

Which large chain of pubs uses artisanal microbreweries? Any?

You choose not to use a pub because of the owners political views, at least you know his viewpoint.

I would be interested to know if you find out the political views of all owners of services you use or commodities you purchase?

I suppose I refuse to purchase goods/products from Israel, so I can see your point.

Brexit! So exciting.

11. Seeker_UK

I can't believe you thought I was being serious.

Next time I'll add <irony> tags...

12. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

apparently Denbies sparkling wine

13. gintonic

they do - I had a nice tin of something from the Beaverton brewery. I have about 5 traditional boozers within walking distance of my house - 2 are awful pub-co with limited beers. 1 is a free house with cask mark and CAMRA recognition, nice but small range of beers. 1 sells lager only. The last one is a free house that sells two meh beers.

then we have Wetherspoons with a huge range of beers, including some from what most people would call micro breweries, great prices. The beers are kept properly at the correct range of temperatures, the prices are good, very good in fact.

They have a Cask Mark and CAMRA recognition - in fact many local CAMRA members believe that Wetherspoons has directly contributed to keeping the ale industry alive in this country when most pub co's were intent on destroying.

14. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Beer itself is a foreign invader. Ancient Iraq or Egypt.

I trust it won't be long till we see the end of ALL foreign beverages in Wetherspoons.

Dandelion and burdock wine... Though dandelions are foreign too. Burdock wine, maybe? And Buxton spring water? o_O

15. gintonic

maybe they'll stop selling Brewdog as well

kendo likes this.
  16. Big Tabs

Really.

That would be soo useful.

17. Seeker_UK

Just to clarify things, I personally don't have a problem with Wetherspoons. I don't regularly frequent them for one reason only; the nearest one is nine miles away.

[edit]

I thought Champagne was an English invention so I don't see the problem.

gintonic likes this.
  18. gintonic

that's great Mr seeker

19. Richard Nichola

Richard Nichola pfm Member

Denbies make a reasonable fizz. They also make the sparkling wine for https://www.alburyvineyard.com but I doubt you'll be seeing that in a 'spoons...

20. Seeker_UK

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

gintonic likes this.