1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Tour De France 2018 Thread

Discussion in 'off topic' started by andrew d, Jul 6, 2018.

1. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Well, it's off in the morning. Who will triumph? Who'll start off in yellow? Will it be Christopher Froome or will his only experience of yellow be the pots of pee thrown in the high mountains?
    Vitamin D manufacturers rejoice! Heatwave or no heatwave, tdf, World Cup & Wimbledon mean that millions might be defeated by the front door.
    Available on ITV4 & Eurosport in the UK.

2. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Cav for the first Yellow.

Series link set and this houses favourite (based on numbers of people interested) sporting event.

3. Joe

Joe pfm Member

I have to say.. I would rather watch a stage of the Tour than watch England in the World Girly Ball Final.

July.. my favourite month of the year.

saturn9 likes this.
  4. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Cav will do well to match the pace - he's had some bad tumbles this year...

5. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

Enjoying the anticipation. As above, better than the footy.

Steve

6. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Probably retired!

I expect Froome to win the TdF, partly due to him, and partly due to having a very strong team - however, I won't be surprised if he gets taken out by some nutter in the moutains.

7. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

He has already taken himself out on the first stage with a crash that has left him a minute behind .
    Mr calamity no 2 Richie Porte also did something similar , along with Gareth Thomas these 3 do have a lot of crashes !

8. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

I shall mostly be enjoying ukcyclingexpert on Twitter for the next 3 weeks.

Ps, cav is a spent force

9. mikemusic

mikemusic pfm Member

What a stage finale.
    Too far fetched to be reality :)

What Froome says to TV may not be what he says to team mates in private (about the end of the stage)

10. Mullardman

Mullardman Resident Philistine

Still... it's only once a year.. eh?

11. cutting42

cutting42 Heading to Fish Hacker Erg \o/

Team time trial has put most key GC riders closer together after the crash fest first two days. Only Quintana still in a poor position. Monster turn by Dumoulin putting him in a very good place. Geraint (not Gareth) Thomas in a strong position in case Froome isn't on it this year.

12. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

And even more miserable about it than he normally is.

13. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Cav's record gives an indication of where he is on the career curve;
    TDF stage wins; 2008 4 2009 6 2010 5 2011 5 2012 3 2013 2 2014 0 2015 1 2016 4 2017 0

14. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Interesting to see if Froome is on it this year. I wonder if it will be the same stuff he was on last year.

How many times has he fallen off the bike so far?

15. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

He's definitely not miserable. He's a top bloke. Doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Brian S likes this.
  16. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Not enough.

HarryB likes this.
  17. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

He seemed to be complaining about his bike after the 1st stage, which is strange. I don't remember ever hearing about a rider complaining about his bike in the past.

18. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Peter Sagan showing his class again on the uphill finishes, where good sprinting alone just doesn't cut it.

19. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Annoyingly I just realised that stage 6 passes through Rostrenen and Plouguernevel and my gaffe is less than a quarter of a mile from that road.

If I were there I could have walked to it in 10 minutes.

But I’m not.

20. Alex S

Alex S pfm Member

Don’t worry, I am.