1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+11)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Colin L, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Corbyn has not sat on his hands, he again requested a vote on her deal this week, he also said to carry on with the promised debates, did he receive backing from a cross party of politicians, I didn't see this, just May saying further negotiations can take place when it's obvious this is not the case, what else he supposed to do when no one backs his motions.

2. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Parliament tried that. A letter was sent from Vince Cable, Caroline Lucas, Ian Blackford and Liz Saville Roberts, to Jeremy Corbyn arguing that there was “overwhelming case for a confidence vote" (https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/no-...theresa-may-prime-minister-brexit-government/)

And Labour did sweet fanny adams. "Something, something, right time. Er, um, general election."

Because they did nothing, May thinks and acts like she's bomb-proof and the window is now closing more rapidly on any chance of a real chance to prevent the clown car's cliff-top rendezvous.

jackbarron likes this.
  3. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Which is all he can offer as a politician.

4. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Why doesn't he then? Rather than what he thinks is good for the Labour party?

5. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Of course an individual vote rarely makes any difference, but those who voted for Brexit have to recognised that they -helped- to bring us to this situation. I’m speaking in general terms, not about you, there’s nothing wrong in any leaver recognising they made a mistake.

6. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

So if the vote removes May, if the Tories cannot decide on a prime minister, a new election is the result. Would you say the Tories would not choose a new PM & opt for a GE?

7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Can you imagine the announcement coming from the flight deck?- “Captain Jeremy here, everyone hold hands and now sing “Oh Happy Day, when Jesus walked” and I’ll come back in five and tell you what’s about to happen”.

8. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Those who voted Brexit, those who voted Tory, those who punished sections of society for 6 solid years, those who ignored said section of society while lining their own pockets in ignorance, those now decide to ignore the obvious route forward in favour of punishing Corbyn for waiting & voting accordingly, leading to further Tory rule, further divide &further problems those who are more interested in their own personal losses with Brexit to think any further down the line which will again lead to further problems & further personal loss, so yes, we all have our crosses to bear.

9. tuga

tuga European

Chris Grey's latest post...

As Brexit realities bite, Brexiter fantasies grow

I’m not sure if they still exist – I haven’t noticed any recently – but many butchers and greengrocers used to have large electrical insect killers on the walls of their shops. Every so often there would be a slightly gruesome crackling buzz as some hapless fly or wasp was zapped.

In a similar way, throughout the last couple of years there has periodically been the crunching sound of this or that Brexit fantasy encountering the lethal force of reality.

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2018/12/as-brexit-realities-bite-brexiter.html?m=1

sean99 likes this.
  10. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Er...a parliamentary no confidence vote, if lost, triggers a general election. A party no confidence vote, if lost, triggers a leadership election. Were you a little confused?

jackbarron and TheDecameron like this.
  11. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

The only thing one can be sure of is that by doing nothing, everything continues as is.

12. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

Seen it already. A really excellent article.

13. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

" If the motion, which is another word for a debate and subsequent vote, is agreed on by the majority of MPs , the house has two weeks to form a government – and if this is not achieved Parliament is dissolved and an early General Election is triggered.

Not confused, just a stickler for detail.

Maybe Corbyn is living in the real world & not taking forum posts as gospel, there are many in this country, who at present believe in May, it may shock you but true, many believe may needs to see this through, considering this, along with the fact he is 20 points behind in polls could well go a long way as to why he isn't particularly interested in another election loss at this stage, wait a few weeks when her deal falls through, thing may be a little rosier as May only then has a no deal to offer, it could well be why he keeps hammering her to put the deal to a vote.

14. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

There have been mass delusions many times in desperate circumstances in history- the Byzantine legend of the Protecting Veil, soldiers in WW1 believing they’d seen the Virgin Mary prior to them having their heads blown off. It’s difficult to distinguish comforting fantasy from blatant lying in the Brexit camp though. I suppose it depends on who’s saying it- David Davis or Mogg? Well that’s easy..

tuga likes this.
  15. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

"However, since the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011, a vote of no confidence must be passed in a specific form in order to create the possibility of an early general election. Under the Act, if a motion of confidence is passed in express terms, the house must then adopt a vote of confidence within 14 days, or a general election is held".

jackbarron likes this.
  16. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

So maybe DD really does believe he does the four-mile sprint.

[​IMG]

17. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

18. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

This thread.

Fair play to Raga for making sensible points and facing down snide shite from all corners.

HarryB likes this.
  19. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

What happened to the capitalisation of Sensible?

20. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.