1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+11)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Colin L, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Crap answer. The bloke asked you a question. You profess to be intelligent so why not answer properly?

2. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Why narrow it down to tonight? It's always thus. I find that my sensible posts and my piss taking posts achieve the same results. Nothing.

3. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

The Conservatives will be fine, it's the country that's self destructing aided and abetted by both main parties due to the usual suspects of ideology, pursuit of power, downright stupidity and incompetence.

4. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

What, like you do, you mean? Look back at your 'contributions' over the last 10 pages or so (I've been catching up, so binge reading this thread). It's mostly snidery, or weaselling out of wagers. Pot. Kettle. Black.

5. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

....and that the 2016 was hardly democratic given it's proven to have been stolen by Russia, Aaron Banks and Cambridge Analytica etc etc.

6. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

@Seanm you often say something like "Labour isn't in power, what can we do?" The thing is, that's the status of opposition parties since time immemorial, and yet they serve a vital function and often hold government to account. And they usually manage that when the government has its own secure majority. Labour is clutching its pearls (to use a phrase of yours I quite like) and achieving nothing, despite the government being in a minority and with serious dissent in its own ranks.

I'm forced to reluctantly conclude that Labour, under Corbyn, prefers to talk and war game stuff, than actually, you know, do stuff. It does make me wonder how things might be different if they took power. I'm beginning to suspect not a lot would be achieved, but there would be plenty of planning, and gnomic utterances.

7. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

I've been very clear. It's largely pointless contributing in a sensible way to this thread because the rabid remainers just cover their hands over their ears and shout; normally in unison. So, as I've said, I may as well just take the p1ss and have a bit of fun.

As for weaselling out of wagers that's not the case. I accepted the bet but attempted to clarify what the bet was. The person who offered the bet wouldn't bet on those terms so I said no. It was curtains. So, no weaselling out at all. But feel free to continue with your insults. It's what remainers revel in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.