1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+13)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Bob McC, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timola

timola pfm Member

My views were very well represented by Melanie on QT. I concede I'm not as quick as you in keeping up with Brexit issues. You would take some beating on that.

I thought Thornberry was struggling and Nish an irrelevance. Cleverly didn't believe in what he was saying.

BTW: Fiona should lay off the Botox, however she was surprisingly good.

2. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

I would imagine anyone considering gender reassignment has the intelligence to realise that this may happen on occasion. Seems to me it's those surrounding it that have the problem, not those who genuinely want to get on with their lives after reassignment.

ff1d1l likes this.
  3. Frankiesays

Frankiesays Here, there and everywhere.

99.9% may'be, your forgetting one very famous Brexit supporter and alleged anti-semite.

4. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

What kind of shop?

5. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Even if we accept your premise, I make it 99.999994%.

Frankiesays and ff1d1l like this.
  6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

To paraphrase the Sun- “here’s another one havin a go”-

Steve Baker, Ministry of Brexit (flounced) is the man who will step forward and force the E.U. to the negotiating table.

“Baker, a leading figure in the backbench European Research Group (ERG), said he is drawing up specific suggestions to force the EU to come to the table. “I’m very clear what should be done. I’m clear that we can write down the right way forward and I am as confident as I can be that the right plan could rescue the negotiations for the country, the government, the Conservative party and the EU. Of course, in the usual way we will make constructive suggestions for the right way forward,” he said”.

Baker declined to offer further details on his plans.

7. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

So these clowns want us to believe that 2.5 years after winning the referendum and with less than 3 months to Brexit they are just now drawing up plans to force the EU to negotiate a better deal? This despite the UK "holding all of the cards" and no-deal being better than a bad deal. What a sorry shower of %$%^ these brexiters are.

MikeMA, twotone, SteveS1 and 3 others like this.
  8. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

$1 Trillion is fleeing London because of Brexit, according to Bloomberg. That is a lot of money. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rillion-asset-moves-to-eu-from-london-ey-says

A friend of mine explained it like this on Facebook:

"How much is a trillion dollars? One million seconds = 11.57 days. One billion seconds = 31.7 years. One trillion seconds = 31,709 years! Or look at it another way: The UK's net contribution to the EU in 2017 was £9bn, so £800bn is equivalent to 88.88 years worth of EU contributions."

That's good to know. So Brexit is losing us more than the UK will pay into the EU in nearly 89 years.

Brexit is a fool's plan.

Jack

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    twotone, sean99, ff1d1l and 3 others like this.
  9. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Getting really scary now with Grayling front page on the DM stating that voting against May's deal will lead to a rise in the far right. Does he not even realise he is one of the people responsible for this????
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ws-Tory-voters-support-PMs-deal-Brussels.html

10. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Grayling has the consciousness of an Amoeba.. I did try to point this out some years ago but was mocked. I'll try to find the original thread.

ff1d1l likes this.
  11. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

That is either pandering to extremism or its the lowest form of manipulation. Trump’s wall comes to mind.
    And the DM,not so much reporting the shit as inciting it-

“In a chilling intervention, Mr Grayling said blocking Brexit could end the 350 years of 'moderate' politics Britain has enjoyed since the bloody English Civil War”.

'MPs need to remember that Britain, its people and its traditions are the mother of Parliaments. We ignore that and the will of the people at our peril.”

The effect of saying that will be guess what?

12. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Project Fear MK2, if we don't get our fantasy Brexit there will be civil disorder. Oh dear. That's what we have police for. Meanwhile Brexit donors making money from shorting the economy are now bidding up sterlng with claims of Brexit not happening while their useful idiots complain.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/britain-may-never-leave-eu-warn-tory-donors-zvmwgp330

"Leading Conservative donors who spent millions on the Brexit campaign say they now believe that Britain may never leave the European Union at all.

Crispin Odey, a hedge fund manager who has given more than £870,000 to pro-Leave groups, revealed yesterday that he was betting on the pound to strengthen after Brexit failed."

Mr Odey, 60, who runs the hedge fund Odey Asset Management, has given money to both the Conservatives and Ukip in the past, as well as to Jacob Rees-Mogg’s North East Somerset constituency in the last general election. Mr Odey has previously suggested that his firm had benefited in recent months as City concerns over Brexit turbulence piled pressure on sterling. In an interview with Reuters yesterday he said that he was now expecting Brexit not to materialise — and sterling to rise as a result. “The unfortunate thing is that almost nobody is leading the Brexit charge, so it’s leaderless, which is the problem,” Mr Odey said.

Mr Hargreaves said: “They [pro-Europeans] are banking on the fact that people are so fed up with it that they will just say ‘Sod it, we’ll stay’. The problem is when something doesn’t happen for so long you feel less angry about it.”

These are the useful idiot's idea of a patriot.

TheDecameron likes this.
  13. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Survation finds the country remains deeply split. And imagine what the figures would be for Tory supporters only. The Brexit clock shows 76 days to go.

Britain Elects‏ @britainelects
    Preference for...
    Remaining in EU 46%
    No deal Brexit: 41%
    via @Survation, 09 - 10 Jan
    11:41 PM - 11 Jan 2019

14. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Not too concerned about civil disorder, though I expect there will be the odd skirmish. The bigger concern is that a new far-right "populist" party will rise from the ashes of Brexit if we stay in the EU. Looking across the English Channel and the Atlantic, I'd put this at medium probability. Hence the urgent need for fundamental change (see Caroline Lucas' speech yesterday if you don't want to listen Corbyn), regardless of our future relationship with the EU.

sean99 likes this.
  15. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

16. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

17. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

18. PsB

PsB Citizen of Nowhere™

droodzilla likes this.
  19. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

I trust them more now that they've acknowledged that things happen in something called "time". Next they should grapple with the concept of "numbers".

20. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Unless there’s a PowerPoint presentation I refuse to believe there’s a plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.