1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+14)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by sean99, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Lols

2. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

I'll settle for successive French governments.

Really? I didn't say that they ascribe all the blame for their troubles on the EU. I think you did.

Well, that lot is a matter of conjecture. For a start the country has only had a Tory government since 2015. Prior to that there was a Tory-led coalition. Between 1987 and 2011 the UK was under Labour administrations. EU-funded (actually UK taxpayer-funded) initiatives in the deindustrialised and rural areas have failed to generate affection for the EU itself, so either they haven't worked, or people feel as if the initiatives have in some way failed them. This may or may not be to do with communication, but I suspect it has as much to do with the fact that the EU is a distant, remote, centralised patronage that is perceived as rather haughtily handing out cake where it decides it is needed (and then boasting loudly about it), and is completely unnaccountable to the people themselves. The EU is the opposite to communitarian, and I believe that communitarianism - taking the tax-raising and tax-spending decisions as close as possible to the people whom those decisions affect - is the, or to some degree a, way forward.

3. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

No, I haven't, but I've repeatedly been tried and found guilty in the closed court and jury of decameron on the basis of rigged evidence, usually of being a dyed in the wool racist, and always with the objective of getting me slung off the forum. I've watched you doing the same thing to every other person on this thread with whom you don't agree, and who doesn't fit into the brethren of the echo chamber.

People have different opinions to your own. Get used to it.

Ragaman likes this.
  4. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

Isn’t that Sam Gamgee?

TheDecameron likes this.
  5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’d invite you to post the evidence regarding the ‘objective to get you slung off the forum ’ bit and accusations of ‘dyed in the wool racism’. These are not inconsequential claims youre making EV. Would it help if I said that what Im hearing in your posts is windy ethnic nationalism redolent of the 1950s? Certainly not racism.

6. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

[​IMG]

7. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

OK, I can see where this is heading. In the face of overwhelming affectations of ignorance, I withdraw my accusation.

TheDecameron likes this.
  8. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Still, you've posted that so many times before that it now lacks something by way of originality.

And I am certainly not claiming victimhood.

9. Still

Who claimed it was original?
    Until you desist with your regular affecting of victimhood it's the most appropriate response I can find.
    You and Nige are two peas in a pod, and let's be honest your posts have a certain quality of déjà vu about them.

Know yourself.

obvious lack of any evidence is obvious

10. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Sorry, you keep adding sentences to the post.

OK, fine, not racism. I utterly reject accusations of (white, you forgot white) ethnic nationalism, and accept those of windiness.

11. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Well, at least they have some quality to go with the déjà vu.

12. Still

As the main qualities of your posts are mediocrity and a conveniently poor memory I admire your transparency in drawing attention to this.

13. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Ha! Nothing convenient about having poor memory, I can tell you.

TheDecameron likes this.
  14. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Tweaked how? Just another of May's sleight of hand tricks as are the "talks" now taking place, she has no shame. I see trouble ahead.

15. zarniwoop

zarniwoop hoopy frood

...but while there's moonlight and music and love and romance, let's face the music and dance

Nick_G, twotone, eternumviti and 2 others like this.
  16. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

The whole of the UK should be held in contempt at this point, another ref, another GE, "non existent tweaks" to this dead deal, Forcing a decision to remain (May's deal) should there be a ref (very democratic), we are heading for no deal or no Brexit folks, forget the circus, forget the trickery, ignore the surrounding media fascination, either outcome will be decisive on a social level, I would offer that ending Brexit will have more far reaching consequences then any other outcome put forward, ending a democratic vote is a slippery slope, bringing further divide, most probably unrest on a scale yet to be witnessed in this country, careful what you wish for.

17. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

To be fair, most of us on here saw trouble ahead on the 23rd June 2016.

18. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Then I think we'll have to agree to disagree. The purple rinses and the neo nazis might riot if Brexit is cancelled but the economy will rebound if Brexit is thrown out and 50%+ of the country will breath a huge sigh of relief.

On the other hand if hard/bad brexit occurs the economy collapses, NOBODY gets what they wanted, the wealth divide will grow more rapidly and the far right will happily recruit impoverished low information brexiters who have been persuaded that "remainiac traitors" poisoned Brexit.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  19. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Not the sort of trouble ahead if Brexit is cancelled through a ref forcing people to vote remain, lock your doors, bar your windows :D

20. Still

Any unrest by hardline Leavers can simply be prevented by the rationing of mobility scooters and colostomy bags.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and NeilR like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.