1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+14)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by sean99, Jan 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

They may call a snap election around this new 'unity' as a counter to Brussels...

2. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Ah yes, the Tory implosion. I still remember sitting on Grandpa Marchbanks’ knee all those years ago as he waved his finger angrily in the air as he told me “It’s imminent my boy - the Tory implosion - imminent, you mark my words...”

farfromthesun likes this.
  3. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

With the Brady amendment accepted Corbyn has said he is willing to work on a unified approach to go to the EU with. It doesn't give Labour much room to manoeuvre, but there is a chance that the govt can go to the EU with a deal that can get the support of Parliament which will increase its chances of getting further negotiations with the EU especially over the backstop. I think Labour can hold out for greater worker protection when the crunch comes. I'm not over the moon about the May deal, but I would be very worried about a no-deal.

4. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Yes, it’s an obligation. I’ve seen many sizeable contractual obligations (OK, in the tens of millions rather than billions) which have never been paid but morphed into ‘go forward’ outcomes. It’s a piece of the jigsaw.

5. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Blimey, what a thought that is. If the Tories do, it wouldn't surprise me if they won. Union Jack fever is growing more virulent each day.

Jack

doctorf likes this.
  6. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I agree. It only dawned on me tonight

jackbarron likes this.
  7. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said he would now meet the prime minister - having refused to until she ruled out a no deal Brexit - to discuss the next steps.

Mr Corbyn said: "Parliament has voted to remove the immediate threat of crashing out without a deal on 29 March.

"After months of refusing to take the chaos of no deal off the table, the prime minister must now face the reality that no deal is not an option."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47050665

8. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE?

I expect nothing else from Hoey, Mann and Stringer - they're loons who would be perfectly OK with a hard Brexit, and they're hardly flavour of the month with their CLP members. Hopefully, deselection awaits (by those nasty "hard-left Momentum thugs").

However, at least some of the remaining 11 (e.g. Nandy, Skinner) are perfectly good MPs who just happen to have reservations about Cooper's amendment.

I don't agree with them, and it's disappointing to see Theresa May wriggle off the hook but I don't think it's fair or decent to automatically insult people who disagree with you.

9. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Syriza for *very* slow learners if true.

10. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

It would be up there with defaulting on the national debt. Who would ever trust us again? Not that many will anyway.

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

As far as I can tell the Brady Amendment is just May’s shitty deal plus magic flying unicorns in NI/Eire. I’d not want to be any part of that!

martin clark and i_should_coco like this.
  12. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

It’s Roger Godsiff. A lexit-ish sort of old school Labour type. But not normally a lunatic as far as I’m aware.

Not the case here. Remain constituency.

https://t.co/TOqQrvXtqn

13. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Where did you get the info that Lisa Nandy voted this way, Drood? She’s not on the list I saw here. https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1090345169273212930

14. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

One day the penny will drop.

15. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Well I hope you give it to the poor. Or maybe you plan to get them fat by patronizing them as well.

Jack

farfromthesun and Vinniemac like this.
  16. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

None so blind than those who refuse to see, as stated upthread, one day the penny will finally drop. Though I doubt it anytime soon.

17. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

18. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Sorry, misread. I know Nandy was thinking about voting against the amendment or abstaining.

In that case, substitute Flint for Nandy - she's right of the party's centre but not, as far as I can tell, a complete asshole and (probably) a decent constituency MP.

19. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Not about money Jack.

20. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

The vote tonight is not binding, but it does make no-deal less likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.