1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+15)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Seanm, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I am certainly not a gambling man, but if I was I'd place quite a lot of money on betting that neither main party will split whatever the outcome of Brexit. A few MPs might resign the whip (indeed a few already have), but more than a handful leaving either the Tory or the Labour party? Nah.

2. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

I agree with you about the media, I think it is lazy thinking to blame it for all the ails of the left. But if May moves towards any form of agreement with Corbyn about a customs union it will unify Labour and rip the Tories wide open.

3. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

The QT audience is selected to give a balance between eg Remainers and Leavers, Tories and Labour. They try to get an audience as representative as possible of the issues that are likely to be discussed. They ask the potential audience members to fill in a short questionnaire before selection. This leads to 2 clear problems; people may not be honest in their answers and some people are more willing to speak out from the audience than others. On any one day there maybe a global warming denier without anyone in the audience clued up to take him or her on in a knowledgeable way in front of the TV cameras.

4. tuga

tuga European

5. wacko

wacko pfm Member

We'll be watching a lot of Monty Python on 1st April. But not re-runs on the tv.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  6. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Steve Coogan's hilarious new character 'Gavin the defence secretary' says that he is going
    to build more military bases abroad to: “strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our military mass”.
    Brexit, says the defence secretary, “has brought us to a great moment in our history”, when we must be ready to deploy “hard power” against those who "flout international law".
    Eh? What has happened to us? He is delirious!

Dave***t likes this.
  7. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

HARD POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

8. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

[​IMG]

There’s definitely a likeness.

droodzilla likes this.
  9. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

10. Marchbanks

HarryB likes this.
  11. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

jeremy - he's just misunderstood. gets such a bad press on here

12. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Indeed. Perhaps Jeremy didn't remove the bit about a second referendum, perhaps he just said 'stupid people' and he was misunderstood?

13. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Our defence secretary thinks our future military needs will be met by squadrons of drones and converted ferries.

Has he thought of commandeering the Seaborne fleet...?

Methinks he’s been reading the Beano for inspiration.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/q/qbikes.htm

14. Marchbanks

Look, it’s easy to forget things. Especially if you are getting on a bit and it is something trivial like a demand for a referendum. That nice Mr McCluskey was probably helping Jez write the letter - perhaps he dropped the pen and broke it before they got to the end.

15. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Hundreds of drones apparently to overwhelm the air defences of countries such as Russia and China. Ready to deploy by the end of the year...

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rexit-says-defence-secretary-gavin-williamson

Does the cabinet have random drugs tests? If so Gavin should be a very worried man.

16. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

17. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Maybe the dog ate the last page and nobody noticed

18. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

He’ll have looked at the chaos caused by one drone at Gatwick, and extrapolated from that. Count the number of major cities in Russia and China, there you go. Pity Maplins has shut, could probably have got a really good deal on a few hundred of the buggers.

19. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Is it not to break the self-imposed EU blockade ? Drones bringing in our medicines and jit parts for Airbus and the car factories. We will have undercover operatives in place sur la continent tout suite. Undergoing basic language training as we speak.

20. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

This could indeed be peak Brexit WTF’ery. Along with Bojo calling for the foreign aid budget to be scrapped. Britain projecting hard power with a tight arse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.