1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by eisenach, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Oh boy, that was truly funny :)
    It seems it's the only one of it's kind unfortunately, damn.

2. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

Aha, Juncker & co should be heading to the beach for a retake for comic relief, would raise a fortune.

3. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

I thought it was showing off his six pack because most Brits don't have one.

4. Konteebos

Konteebos Ignorant Uninformed Hard Remainer

Pah! A 6-pack is nothing! I have a Watney's Party Keg.

5. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

...and FFS is the new boy band on X-Factor ;)

6. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

She'd have ignored it anyway, she was always planning to run down the clock and have as many votes as necessary.

8. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

He is inferiority complex/small man syndrome made flesh. Without Brexit no one would have even noticed him. He and Andrew Bridgen make a lovely pair- of garden gnomes.

9. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

Yes, agreed. However, surely if there had been a big vote in favour of a second referendum, even if it had lost, she couldn't have totally ignored it. It may have also gained traction then. I just hope it doesn't prove to have been the only opportunity. I worry about Labour's strategy. I can't recall Corbyn ever even mentioning a second referendum.

10. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Seanm says he has Arlene’s number. (Not literally.) But he says she won’t vote for May’s deal until he has emigrated. I think that was the gist of it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  11. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

“I’m tellin you mate- two of everything you should ‘ave two of and you’re in”.

12. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

I'm just inclined to trust People's Vote on this. They have a certain air of purpose about them that is new, and their statements are also remarkably consistent with those of the Labour leadership, suggesting co-ordination. I mean, they might all have miscalculated, and missed their chance. But who am I going to trust: the people who've devoted themselves to this one cause, and the leaders of my own party, or a handful of bad faith opportunists of proven strategic incompetence?

HarryB likes this.
  13. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Not every Brexiteer has garden gnomes. But everyone who has garden gnomes is a Brexiteer.

Konteebos, Nigel and TheDecameron like this.
  14. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I might have felt differently had a number of Tories voted for it, but given that nobody did, it was a mistake not to pull the amendment imo

15. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

HarryB, Ragaman and gavreid like this.
  16. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The EU are going to put May in her place, according to The Times.

The first couple of paragraphs, available to the public, of an article in today's newspaper spell it out.

"The European Union is poised to tell Theresa May that she must hold a second referendum or soften Brexit in return for them granting a lengthy delay to Britain’s departure date.

"The Times understands that the prime minister has been told by senior EU officials and other European leaders that conditions for an extension to the Article 50 exit process would include the option of a second vote on EU membership."

It will be interesting to hear May try and stoke up hatred for the EU before the third attempt to get her Brexit withdrawal agreement through. Tory and Labour MP racists will be stomping in time to the will of the people.

Jack

sean99 likes this.
  17. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

Gives us a perfect way back, lets hope it doesn't start a civil ;or even uncivil: war.

18. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Jack, leaving aside the question as to whether May wants to really leave the EU at all, if the EU throws its weight around and demands a new referendum as the price of an A50 extension, I would predict that the result of that referendum would be a decisive leave.

19. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

I think it'd be a mistake for the EU to ask for a 2nd referendum as I suspect that'd pretty much confirm that May's deal would be approved and we'd leave with that on March 29th. They'd be better off to say that they'll agree an extension but it'll need to be at least a year due to the EU's own workload and priorities. By that point enough of the aging bigots will have died off that the polling will be around 55% for remain, making a 2nd referendum inevitable anyway.

20. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Let's put that to the test. Many Leavers believe this, right up until you ask them to test it.

Then it's all about 'losing' Brexit, as if it's a different electorate that will be deciding. I have no problem with voters shooting themselves in the head, just as long as they know that's what they are doing, even in a mindless pique at finding out we don't hold the cards after all.

My problem with the referendum was the lack of understanding over what it really means for those who, unlike Mogg and co., will not be profitting from the UK's reduced circumstances and the criminal and foreign interest activity that supports Leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.