1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by eisenach, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Baron Mullet of Gammon made a fundamental business mistake- in aligning himself in an illiterate manner with a partisan political position that automatically alienated 50% of his potential customer base, his mouth cost his shareholders. They’ll put him out to pasture with a gagging clause quite quickly.

SteveS1 likes this.
  2. Dave***t

Dave***t pfm Member

3. TheDecameron

BBC-
    “The high court in London has ruled that Twitter must reveal the identity behind parody accounts set up to mimic the pub chain Wetherspoons.
    The accounts had tens of thousands of followers between them.
    One tweet promised that anyone wearing a waistcoat in the pub during one of England's World Cup matches would get a free drink.”

Priceless.

HarryB likes this.
  4. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

A photo of Mark Everett aka E from Eels, plus the name of one of my favourite songs (by Low if you're interested). Is that really, really, really the best response you can come up with?

ff1d1l likes this.
  5. TheDecameron

That’s going too far.

6. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

I remember you, or particularly this post:
    From https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...e-you-done-part-ii.189825/page-2#post-2878706
    Go ahead - do you still have the tommy gun in the attic?
    I couldn't quite remember who had posted it, you've rather scuttled away from the topic over the last couple of years... when at least some Leavers have actually bothered to engage in debate and put forward their perspective and reasons for voting leave. All of a sudden I salute eternumviti and Ragaman.
    Here are some other gems:

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum...hat-have-you-done.189703/page-22#post-2877652
    https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/oh-britain-what-have-you-done.189703/page-8#post-2877027
    and the best you can do in response is criticise an avatar... really?
    If you want to "take up arms" then perhaps try thinking first of articulating why you want to do so and put forward a bit of reasoning to support a viewpoint of voting to leave. Wouldn't want to see you shooting yourself in the other foot by accident.

7. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

HarryB, SteveS1 and ff1d1l like this.
  8. TheDecameron

I was getting Amazement confused with Disbeliever but of course he’s only angrier about one thing than the EU and that’s Class D amplifiers.

wyjsar likes this.
  9. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

What about Class D amps made in the EU?

Stephen

sean99 likes this.
  10. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

And whilst Disbeliever isn't exactly charming I'm quite happy to be termed a "Remaniac Traitor" by someone who also manages to stick "Good Queen Bess" in the same, brief, post.

11. TheDecameron

https://www.hypex.nl/

Off with their heads!

stephen bennett likes this.
  12. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

btw, at least I bother to have an avatar. What would yours be I wonder...

13. Gaycha

Gaycha Well-Known Member

Odd take on proportion of a small fraction. Last time I looked ''twas both a significant fraction and proportion.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

14. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    ff1d1l likes this.
  15. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

Hey what about me?! I support a 2nd referendum. And I've seen Eels about ten times....

stephen bennett and wyjsar like this.
  16. TheDecameron

suzywong likes this.
  17. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

Rich, I salute you!

18. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

If you are as fed up with hearing sympathy for Treeza you might enjoy this from Matt Chorley in The Times.

"People who feel sorry for Theresa May - as if she was in town one afternoon and got stopped by someone with a clipboard and accidentally signed up to be prime minister and now can’t cancel the direct debit. It’s not her fault she is surrounded by morons, but it is her fault that they outfox her on a daily basis."

Ragaman, HarryB, sean99 and 4 others like this.
  19. richgilb

richgilb Lol....

Although, we might disagree here...it's been a long gradual downward curve for E...and the last two albums have no magic at all. I started getting frustrated after Blinking Lights (6 great albums, but the first was the best). From Hombre Lobo, it got really patchy and each album kept getting worse. It's now like listening to the latest Smashing Pumpkins record, another favourite of mine that slid and slid. The ingredients are all there, but nothing great is there in terms of the sum of the parts.

20. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

The nightmare scenario? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/239dbf2e-476f-11e9-924d-9729bcd51a7f

The Brexitgraph report that May is finished and the Brexitgraph tends to know internal Tory stuff better than most. So there is a possibility that the price to pay for May getting her deal through is Prime Minister Boris.

But my guess would be that May loses by a much smaller number of votes next week and she stays to try again with a fourth vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.