1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+20)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by farfromthesun, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxflinn

maxflinn Tulsi Gabbard 2020.

Can you explain exactly what behaviour of Corbyn's you deem to be 'hard-left'?

Or is it that, in fact, you're just regurgitating a meaningless, baseless right-wing slur?

2. maxflinn

So you're saying he's not currently exhibiting any 'hard-left' behaviour, but that he will if PM?

Can you tell us exactly what this behaviour will be?

3. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

We've all got heritage, and we're all going to get a good dose of vasselage too. We should probably have taken precautions.

Ah, bojo, of course.

I don't think anyone can predict anything at the moment, but I thought you might welcome the Telegraph's one anyway.

4. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Indeed. Kind of marxisty behaviour.

5. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Fight!!! :)

maxflinn likes this.
  6. maxflinn

You can't say what this behaviour will be because you're talking through your anus.

Labour's manifesto is where you look to see the effects of Corbyn's behaviour.

Check it out. It's very, very popular.

Who knows, you might be converted.

Ragaman, HarryB and Darmok like this.
  7. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

Type "corbyn hard left" into google and you might find out. If you can't be bothered that is upto you.

I would like to think so and it is why Corbyn occupies almost none of it until he performs some action to indicate he has modified his behaviour and is worth reconsidering. For example, rather surprisingly to me McDonnell has done this to some extent but Corbyn hasn't so far. Taking action in support of a second referendum would be one such action that demonstrates he can act in the interests of the labour party and against his own belief that the UK needs to be out of the EU in order to pursue the typical hard left policies of state control and the like. This is an example of the sort of compromise people on the political extremes have a great difficulty making but is essential in order to build support and get things done in the real world. It is pretty important if the labour party is to win back much of the support around the centre that it has lost. The support of our host, for example, I suspect has been lost for quite a while but I am willing and want to be persuaded but only by action and not mumbled support. Otherwise I will vote purely on what seems best locally and ignore national parties since none of the centre parties look particularly viable to me.

8. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

Oh, I've seen it. Very seductive it is too.

I just don't believe it.

You don't hear Corbyn talk so much about Venezuela now. Can't think why that might be.

9. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Venezuelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

10. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

11. MVV

MVV pfm Member

The panic displayed above by our Conservative friends is justified. They are about to go down the plug hole forever. Every cloud has a silver lining so brexit, so beloved by the right, will kill them in the end.

Ha ha, and the best bit? They know it. So there they stand, high on the window ledge; jump you bastards, jump!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  12. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

This is beamed in from an alternative reality where Corbyn is calling for the abolition of royalty, unilateral nuclear disarmament etc., has not whipped twice for a 2nd referendum, is locked in a House of Cards-style power struggle with his lifelong comrade, and does not operate in a first past the post parliamentary democracy where broad alliances are the order of the day.

And if there are people out there who support almost everything Labour stand for and plan to do, but won’t countenance voting for them until they adopt exactly the same position as them on one particular issue, then the problem isn’t really with Corbyn’s refusal to compromise.

Ragaman, HarryB and Covkxw like this.
  13. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

jackbarron likes this.
  14. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

Yes. The Labour leadership team will be scrutinising all polling and analysis and will almost certainly have access to private polling not available to the general pubic.

15. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

That has a ring to it.

TheDecameron likes this.
  16. SteveS1

Leave it Sue eeeees not wurffff it.

Colin L and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  17. SteveS1

Interesting, where was Lammy wrong in the Marr interview?

18. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Hahaha. Have you been on the same stuff as Jack?

They won't get as far as being a real party. They're a bunch of egotistical chancers who are interested in sound bites, TV interviews and hearing their own voices.

If they did get that far they'd be planning to do a deal with the Tories before a deal was even a likelihood. Vacuous arses with no policies or principles.

Ragaman and PhilofCas like this.
  19. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

You're wasting your time. TonyL is the only. person I've come across who is more intransigent than Teresa May. Detests Tories but won't vote Labour, hence making a Tory government more likely.

Ragaman and PhilofCas like this.
  20. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

More nonsense. Give me a single example of Corbyn "bowing down to racists and nationalists". Corbyn has campaigned against racism all of his life. Indeed he has campaigned for all the things you believe in. You do realise that do you?

Ragaman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.