1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+22)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Have you nothing else to say about anything Jack? I'm sure we're well past the point of thread crapping by this stage.

Covkxw likes this.
  2. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Thread crapping is precisely what you are doing. I have replied to a post put up on this thread where Tariq Ali said that Corbyn would be campaigning for Leave if he wasn't the leader of the Labour Party.

Your comment here is, to be quite honest, pathetic.

Jack

3. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Sorry Jack I shouldn't have personalised, it's just that it's relentless finger jabbing stuff. Best I just let go of this, to be honest.

jackbarron likes this.
  4. jackbarron

Thanks Sean. I was going to suggest we ignore each other's posts, but that would undermine the debate. :)

Ironically enough Tariq Ali left the IMG and joined Labour in 1981. He did this to support Tony Benn in his bid to become deputy leader. They were both political heroes of mine, apart from the EEC/EU and no doubt one or two other issues.

Jack

5. i.j.russell

i.j.russell pfm Member

6. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

8. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

Predictable. And why there’s no chance of a no confidence motion winning a majority.

Hard Brexit here we come.

Stephen

9. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Sterling just tumbled on the news. Led by donkeys indeed.

10. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Great for British exports- steel, Jaguars, Land Rovers etc.

11. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Until you add on any tariffs.

12. jackbarron

I should imagine John Mann and Lisa Nandy etc in Labour, although I might be wrong. I wonder if Corbyn enforced a whip on the vote?

Jack

13. stephen bennett

Hoey and Flint at least supported the Government again. They’d vote against a no confidence as well I suspect.

How do these people still have the whip? Voting against a Labour motion?

I lost the will to Search further.

Stephen

14. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

According to the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48613921

15. jackbarron

Will the eight Labour MPs against the proposal today vote to ensure No Deal happens on October 31st, because there will be another effort to stop it. It wouldn't surprise me if they do.

It is starting to look like Johnson could be PM. The original Sky rundown after his speech today mentioned the questions he didn't answer, like cocaine usage. Later on when reporters were querying Tory MPs all of that seemed to have been swept under the nostril.

I don't think Osborne's Evening Standard mentioned it at all. They seem to be backing Johnson to be PM.

Martin Fletcher at The New Statesman has got it right though Repellent, chaotic and a serial liar, Boris Johnson would be a catastrophic prime minister https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...JrzGPdNlivu8qJglGpDflH6OSQmgcNAvKVPw-VIrRzATs

Jack

16. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

Has Corbyn ever done that?

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what Labour do as those 8 votes made the difference between a win and a loss on their own motion.

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Is there a full list of the Labour gammon who lost the vote yet?

18. stephen bennett

True. Makes it hard for him to act!

But voting against a no confidence if they do has to be a sacking offence.

Stephen

19. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

I imagine that would be. In the mean time there's no point sacking people who you need to win around, and may well still be able to: apparently 5 of the 8 hadn't rebelled on Brexit before, so they're not die hards. WTF they're actually thinking then I don't know. But underlying it, according to Stephen Bush anyway, is the assumption that this isn't the last chance they'll get to stop no deal (Bush isn't so sure).
    https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2019/06/britain-heads-no-deal-mps-gamble-brexit

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Rory Stewart’s thin veneer of common sense fell off and shattered on the ground on C4 news earlier when Cathy Newman challenged him on why he’d sided with the hard-Brexiters and voted with the government despite all his prior rhetoric. His defence was hopelessly weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.