1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+23)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by DonQuixote99, Jul 2, 2019.

1. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Hmm 200 mile exclusion zone - does that mean UK territorial waters extend into the Rhine and the Seine ?

I'm starting to feel that #LedByDonkeys is rather unkind toward donkeys. #LedByAmoebae might be more appropriate.

stephen bennett likes this.
  2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

It’s moronic and so utterly misjudged in its tone- as with Tice’s attempt to suggest he should be Ambassador to Washington as if being a Quantity Surveyor with a rich daddy qualifies him for the role. I think we are going to hear more these monstrous egos flattering themselves in public.

Still likes this.
  3. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Nutters.

stephen bennett likes this.
  4. TheDecameron

It’s all part of taking back control and it’ll go down well with their voters.

5. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

[​IMG]
    Posting this unchecked and unverified. It does, however, have the ring of truth about it...

6. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

That’s just Farage’s BBC fees.

Stephen

7. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

My MP Hywel Williams, Plaid Cymru, replies...

Dear constituent,

Thank you for writing to me regarding holding a second referendum on being a member of the European Union, amongst other things. As I’m sure you know I am totally in favour of a second referendum. By now, in my opinion, it is looking more likely and the recent poll results I saw today show that the vote in favour of staying in the European Union has increased substantially in Gwynedd. To date 64% say they want to stay and 36% want to leave. In my opinion this underestimates the percentage in favour in Arfon. In that respect, to ensure local democracy, it is essential that a further referendum is held.

There are several reasons for holding a referendum, not least the mess this government has made of the exiting process. By now, as you will know I’m sure, Mrs May has resigned and we are facing the likelihood that the two main applicants, are not only in favour of leaving but willing to leave without a final deal. I know from my work on the Brexit Select Committee how much of a mistake this would be. Especially in the poorer areas of Wales and Britain who would suffer worst – you only need to look at the local agriculture’s dependency on support from Europe. I have put pressure on the government to explain how the support for poorer areas such as west Wales and the valleys will continue after leaving. The best I’ve had from them to date, is that there will be what is called a “share property fund” available which will be announced next year. According to Mr Johnstone a whoever stands against him we are definitely leaving on 31/10/19. I have no idea what will happen in the meantime, but in the time between leaving and announcing the rules, but I understand that the Agricultural Minister in Cardiff announced the other day he hopes to spend £300,000,000 on agriculture but they had no idea where the money would come from for next year.

Please excuse the general response – so many have writing in that I cannot answer individually. I’m sure I don’t have to say that I will battle hard against this stupidity and continue to be a member of the Brexit Committee and scrutinise as closely as I can this government’s actions. You are welcome to write to me again.

In the end if needs be I would be in favour of withdrawing the request to leave the European Union. As you know I was one of those who supported the request to the Courts of Sessions in Edinburgh and then the European Courts to confirm that the United Kingdom had the right to withdraw Article 50 Letter. If needs be we should do so.

Best wishes

andrewd and TheDecameron like this.
  8. TheDecameron

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The ever-wonderful Gina Miller is planning another legal action to prevent a Tory dictator attempting to close down our democratic mechanisms in order to force their minority hard-line Brexit vision against the will of Parliament or interests of the nation via the ‘proroguing’ loop-hole. She’s on Sky right now.

PS Priti Patel on now attempting to defend the fundamentally anti-democratic extremism of this utterly repugnant minority Tory government.

10. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

I agree with her intent, I don't support Johnson and won't vote Conservative if it comes to a GE with him as PM, but she really grates..............

11. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

But you’re ok with Mark Field and still think Owen Jones is more dangerous than a group of fascists?

12. flatpopely

Mark Field has not been prosecuted and the lady involved has not pressed charges. Nowhere did I applaud what he did I just disagreed with the title of the thread.
    Others assumed I supported him because it suits their agenda of turning pfm into a left wing echo chamber.
    Owen Jones is a mouthy gobshite.

Still likes this.
  13. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

And you are a Tory who is ok with Priti Patel, Jeremy Hunt, Liam Fox etc.
    PFM is most definitely in no danger of becoming a left wing echo chamber although you may be unhappy about some not accepting right wing dogma.

14. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

I thought the Tory and Brexit parties had the monopoly in mouthy gobshites. Bridgen, Francois, Farage etc.... loads of ‘em.

15. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor pfm Member

Ah, but only in a left wing echo chamber can a journalist who speaks the truth be called a “gobshite”

16. flatpopely

pfm is not a left wing echo chamber.
    I forgot to add 'angry' gobshite.

Still likes this.
  17. Nero

Nero It's unlikely

Does the mouthy come before or after the angry? It might be important

18. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

fify

At the risk of statin' the bleedin' obvious: in an echo chamber any and all such drivel is the norm.

Apart form Owen Jones you also haven't noticed Labour's aggressively misogynistic women's officer Lily Madigan, then.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 11:22 AM
  19. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Did Miller get the idea off John Major?

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I think the difference is timing; Major wants to take action if Johnson attempts to close down our parliamentary democracy, Miller wants to ensure such a scenario is not possible. It wouldn’t surprise me if both combine.

It is beyond staggering just how inherently fascist this shower of Conservatives have become that they are actually considering this level of of extremism as an option. They are an utter disgrace to this nation and its democratic history. Proroguing parliament should be viewed as a political coup IMHO and resisted with force if required.