1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Nick_G, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

EU freezes Brexit talks until Britain produces Irish border solution - Independent
    Get out of that one smeg-for-brains May

Also: Bleak Brexit analysis published by Parliament - Guardian

Also:
    I wonder what that might be? "We're screwed", perhaps?

See here: https://www.parliament.uk/documents...EU-Exit-Analysis-Cross-Whitehall-Briefing.pdf

Edit: Looks like my post crossed with Dec's.

2. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Can't believe the Tusk thing isn't on BBC website.

3. Vinniemac

Vinniemac pfm Member

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. BBC news is appalling these days.

4. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

5. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

This illustrates the key weakness of the Brexit argument. Get out to .... what ?

In life you only get a limited set of choices, and some times you have to work within the present confines because it's the LEAST BAD OPTION. This is what Brexiters don't seem to understand. It's true the EU has a lot of problems just as it's true that Westminster has a lot of problems, but they have completely failed to demonstrate that leaving the EU is the better option.

So please, brexiters quit carping about the failures of the EU and tell us exactly how the UK will be better off leaving the UK and going it alone. And, no the UK is no longer a world superpower, militarily or economically. The UK is a very pleasant, small, heavily indebted, not particularly well educated, service economy island off the coast of Europe with a structural balance of trade deficit that will gradually erode the standard of living. It seems to me that leaving the "protection" of the EU will accelerate this decline, but if you brexiters think it will improve the UK economically, culturally, and in terms of social welfare let's hear how that will happen.

6. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

7. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

I can hear the tumbleweed blowing in the wind...

8. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Is that the only part of my post that is interesting to you? You don't think it is worth discussing instead how a conclusion has been made that the UK is the import processing baddy across the whole of the EU? And must be fined.......

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The prison camp guards want to hurt us. Again.

10. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

Time for another one of those victim cards

[​IMG]

11. wacko

wacko pfm Member

I feel like the EU. If you are going to argue with someone at least quote/blame the right person.

12. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Germany was one of the supposed victims of VAT fraud, since stuff has been arriving into their country via UK...I invite whoever made this up to come down to the Zoll offices where I live and I'll show them how easy it is. The people that are supposedly doing this are foreign criminal gangs and are probably sending it to the UK because the paperwork is in English, not German. Meanwhile the French and Germans are getting away with all sorts of stuff on the border here.

13. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Good.

"Speaking in Dublin alongside the Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar, European Council President Donald Tusk said talks would be a case of “Ireland first” and that “the risk of destabilising the fragile peace process must be avoided at all costs”."

Jack

14. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

Good response.

15. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

No, I'm hoping that this will be the issue that brings down this incompetent, spineless, callous, lying, useless, excuse for a 'government' that care more about saving their own sorry selves rather than doing what is right for the country. I've never known any as bad as this in my lifetime.

16. markvdv

markvdv pfm Member

Germany was not investigated, UK was, actually UK was investigated again, after a previous investigation showed they did not collect VAT and customs. They got a second chance.

17. richgilb

richgilb Admonishtrator

I don't think that gets to the heart of the matter at all....actually it does in a way. Refer to those childish cards, the one with Liam Fox's ugly mug on it.

18. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Meanwhile:

[​IMG]

19. wacko

wacko pfm Member

As someone who voted out in Brexit and then promptly moved to Strasbourg to gain advantage over his business competitors why don't you tell us how the UK should prosper ?

tuga and HarryB like this.
  20. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

He said something the other day about having different facts to the facts presented. The most arrogant post I've ever seen.

This should be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.