1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+3)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Nick_G, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

No I don't, because that's not a matter of great importance. THE central matter of great importance is whether the UK is better off in the EU, despite the (obvious and many) flaws of the EU or better off out of the EU.

Brexit strikes me as the equivalent of resigning from a pretty good, pretty well paid job during a bad recession, in a bad job market, with nothing else lined up, because you don't think your employer has the best management team, or because you feel you should have got a bigger raise. In other words and act of immature petulance and self harm because you have yet to accept that sometimes the least bad option is your best option.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr, kendo, tuga and 2 others like this.
  2. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

How long after? 1 year, 5 years, 25 years? If that really is the question, the questionnaire designer needs to go back and redo their MRS diploma. It focuses quite a lot on questionnaire design.

3. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Loads of people leave jobs for other jobs if they feel they should be getting paid more. I have done it. Loads of people leave jobs and even try something on their own, without knowing exactly what the future will bring.

4. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

5. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

That really was not the intention. I was actually using someone else's words form a few posts above because I though their post was arrogant! it was a joke that you would only have picked up if you recalled the post I quoted from.

6. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

It's impossible to make sense of. Noone knows whether the respondent was thinking short-term or long-term, and how short or long.

Completely useless chart.

7. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Drugs and guns? That is what the establishment of the UK knows best.

8. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Ok lets make it simpler: Brexit is the equivalent of 'cutting your nose to spite your face'.
    We thought you were one of the few smart Brexiteers: why you trying so hard to prove us wrong ?

HarryB likes this.
  9. wacko

wacko pfm Member

In English please.

10. wacko

wacko pfm Member

If you don't have an answer you can plead the 5th.

11. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Well coming up with crap analogies about leaving your job hardly elevates the conversation to your superior intellect, does it?

12. Joe P

Joe P certified Buffologist / mod

[​IMG]

Joe

HarryB likes this.
  13. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

The point is (obviously) the that this information should now be widely known and the 48/48 result is orders of magnitude out from where it should be. The survey points to a massive failure of government and media because people really should know they are going to be worse off (i.e. fewer jobs, less money) because of BREXIT.

14. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Touching an all too obvious nerve are we ?

HarryB likes this.
  15. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

And as regards the May, Davis, Johnson, etc. I am reminded of the Upton Sinclair quote "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

16. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

You have completely avoided answering my question. How is Brexit the better option? Your choice as to whether you pick short or long term.

17. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Ok, yes, I am really offended that you wrote that. This is because I am aware that I am illiterate. As well as stupid. The two are linked in my case,I think.

18. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

That is another quote that explains so much otherwise baffling behavior. American "healthcare" for example.

19. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

I'm still talking about the VAT fraud. You have brushed that under the carpet. It is an important point.

20. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Beer-time! Laterz...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.