1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Onions

Discussion in 'off topic' started by mandryka, Mar 21, 2020.

1. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

I have a nice patch of topsetting Egyptian walking onions. Just had to buy some when I saw them in an old gardening book.

Asked for them in a garden centre and the guy there thought I was a nutter. Eventually found them here https://www.realseeds.co.uk/onionsspecial.html

2. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

Mmm triffids that will have you in tears.

3. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Still eating ours from last year but some are now starting to go soft - same with shallots.

4. Bart

Bart pfm Member

That’s shallot then I guess. Boom!Boom!

5. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Not quite - still have a good supply of shallots for replanting this season.:)

6. Lowand

Lowand Am I nearly there yet?

Onion marmalade. Onion frittata.

7. h.g.

h.g. pfm Member

I've just had to eat cheese on toast for my tea without any onions. Now I know why.

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed pfm Member

Convert to toasties. Bread toasted on one side; turn over, then finely chopped onion, mushroom and sweet pepper grilled with sesame oil (to stop burning) then slices of cheese grilled on top plus thinly sliced tom's after cheese has melted. Finish off with a smear of Lee Kum Kee chilli garlic sauce. Welsh rarebit? Pah !

9. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I like pizza toasts too, they are on similar lines. Just watch out for any salami pieces, under the grill they get to temperatures normally only seen in foundries. Get one of those stuck to the roof of your mouth and you'll have a speech impediment for weeks.