1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbe SE with Audiomods Series 5 or Rega Planar 10?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Vince, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Vince

Vince pfm Member

I ask because I cannot audition the two turntables.
    Thanks
    Vincenzo

2. Ali T

Ali T pfm Member

A friend recently purchased the new RP10 and far preferred it to his previous Gorbe/SME V/Dynavector.

3. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

I’ve got an Orbe, although with a different arm. A good mate of mine has an RP10/apheta2, & I’ve heard it quite a bit.
    They’re both very good indeed. Would I swap my Orbe for the Rega? No.
    I’m not saying the Orbe is vastly superior, it’s just that they are both different flavours of excellent. To me, it would be a sideways move, rather than a definite step up the ladder.
    For the money involved, they should both be rather good & indeed they are.

4. paul darwin

paul darwin Trade: Rega Research

For clarification and to ensure we are all talking about the same thing (as I believe we may not be) the new turntable is the Planar 10 and replaces the old RP10.

Rack Kit likes this.
  5. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

Sold a Orbe with a tecno arm to move onto a SME Model 10A. The Orbe had a deeper bass than the SME however the SME has a much wider sound stage and more realistic bass. If your spending this kind of money travel and audition. Bare in mind an Orbe comes more or less flat packed there was no way I was going to build it. You should ask the dealer if he can build it for you if you go for a Orbe.

6. manicatel

manicatel pfm Member

Yes, it was just that the RP10/Apheta2 combo I mentioned was the closest parallel I had any experience of hearing.
    Thanks for the clarification.