1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Palin-drone

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Sep 5, 2010.

1. tones

tones Tones deaf

2. packtech

packtech Ex band member twice.. :)

One scary woman..it just goes to show that all you need to be a politician in some parts of the world, ours included, is to fool the ignorant..and it is even scarier that there are so many of them around..

3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Scary indeed, but refreshing to see that some initial associates and converts are beginning to see through to what she really is. I just hope the wheels come off before she can do any serious damage to anything other than the Republican Party. The more idiotic, unstable, tantrum-prone, self-serving, egotistical and incoherent she proves over the next two years the better IMO.

Tony.

4. Blzebub

Blzebub Banned

I read the first page, then got distracted by some celeb tittle-tattle. I assume Palin=swivel-eyed loon, with reactionary religious topping?

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

All that plus aggressive manipulative temper-tantrum throwing sociopath.

Tony.

6. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Naughty Monkey Double Dare pumps, prayer warriors, sperm filled nuggets, $3,000 worth of underwear, including many Spanx girdles...

Sexy but evil, a terrible combination ;)

[​IMG]

7. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Here she is at the annual Moondog Appreciation Society Ball, at least her taste in music is alright. :D

[​IMG]

8. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Isn't American politics f***ing pathetic giving her even some credibility.

9. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Our Right Wing are that looney and desperate.

Keeping in mind that we don't really have a Left Wing, just an extreme Right and a moderately Right...

10. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

11. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

I'd settle for her winning the republican primary and then self-destructing during the campaign.

12. TheDecameron

yup I cant see the vested interests allowing Palin to progress too far, though you never can tell with a populist right wing cheer leader who has tapped into something very big and stinky

13. tones

tones Tones deaf

There were vested interests in Germany in the 1930s who thought an uncouth, rabble-rousing little Austrian ex-soldier could be of use, and then discarded...

One useful thing that the article did was bring up the word "Dominionist". This is a church movement that believes that, prior to the Second Coming, the Kingdom of God, i.e. theocratic government, has to be already established. Palin's Wassila church is very much in this mould, and I believe that others are even mouldier. Far from being just a bunch of religious fruitcakes, I think this movement, especially with the natural religiosity of Americans and the Republican Party pushing it as a means of getting into power, is extremely dangerous. In this regard, Charles Blow's column and diagram in Saturday's NYT are very interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/opinion/04blow.html?ref=charles_m_blow

14. TheDecameron

you raised the very historical parallel I was squeamish about doing......

15. tones

tones Tones deaf

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it...

16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That's the ideal for sure. Let's hope idiots like Glenn Beck help turn it into a reality.

Tony.

17. hughjampton

hughjampton pfm Member

This is what she said in response to the VF article:

Glad she cleared that up then.

18. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

"Truthiness", the new gospel according to the American right. Look it up, it's pretty scary.
    Basically they KNOW they're right 'cos GOD (and Jesus) tells them and it can't be disproved.

19. aquapiranha

aquapiranha pfm Member

[​IMG]

says more than any words.

20. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Only for use after 8 pints of Guinness and a Vindaloo.