1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Diet Club

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Whaleblue, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

I've had a couple of abortive attempts at going for a swim or 'doing' weights over the Christmas period. There was always something I needed to do more... I finally decided to just forget it until after New Year.

@ BT. Have you tried just walking in the pool? (Shallow end obvs..)

2. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

I couldn't do the butterfly or crawl pre-disability.

I am in a rut. At some point things will change.

3. Whaleblue

Whaleblue The Mighty Deoxitiser

I’m sure they will. Happy New Year, and all the best to those struggling with the issues in the thread.

4. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Thanks Whaley, same to you. Enjoy tonight and tomorrow, we all get back on the horse when the festivities are over. As someone said upthread, it's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas. So I'm loosening my belt tonight, the brakes are off and I get beck on the wagon tomorrow/Weds.

5. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Not sure when I'll be back on the wagon. As usual Mrs seagull bought loads of food which needs finishing off; the freezer is full to bursting with tasty food. Will have to save that for treats over the next few weeks.

Back on salads for lunch already, no more mid-week booze after tomorrow. Beer and some decent red wine tonight though.

I felt distinctly bleagh yesterday so decided to go on a brisk walk felt much afterwards so did the same today, it took me over half an hour the first time I walked it and I was quite short of breath, today it took 26 minutes and I felt fine my heart rate was up and my breathing was fine, I could have a conversation but couldn't sing a song though (just as well as I'm a terrible singer).

crimsondonkey likes this.
  6. garyi

garyi leave blank

Come on guys shit happens now we get on with it in the new year!

lordsummit likes this.
  7. seagull

15 st 5lb to start the year with.

I put on more than I hoped over the holidays but that's my stake in the ground for 2019.

Onwards and downwards.

8. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

That's not too bad Seagull, a lot of that will drop off when you go back to healthy eating. I just looked back, you want to be 14-7 so that's a realistic prospect by Easter, go for it.
    BT, I know this will sound daft but do they offer aqua aerobics near you? It's a good way to get exercise without weight bearing. If you can get past the fact that everyone else will be larger ladies of a certain age (and your objection to being around them is..?) then it might do the trick.

9. Whaleblue

While we’re setting stakes in the ground...

136.8kg this morning. Bloody hell.

10. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Ah well, still better than when you started. Marathon, not sprint.

Whaleblue and crimsondonkey like this.
  11. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Went into Christmas at 75kg which was the target I'd set myself. After eating like a pig and drinking like a fish, I got weighed yesterday. Stunned and delighted to see 74.2kg on the scales.

Has to be said I've done mega miles on the bike but still good.

Aiming for 70kg by my birthday in June.

Big Tabs and Sloop John B like this.
  12. Whaleblue

Well done Harry!

HarryB likes this.
  13. crimsondonkey

crimsondonkey pfm Member

Good luck to everyone meeting their personal health and fitness targets in 2019.

Whaleblue likes this.
  14. Whaleblue

134.7kg. The above was somewhat anomalous it seems. Anyway, started the year with a 6:1, and will be back to 5:2 now.

Summary to date, I’ve lost 6.1kg since starting with a temporary low of 132.1kg (so was 8.7kg down from start) prior to the Christmas nonsense. Hopefully new lows will be hit soon enough!

crimsondonkey and seagull like this.
  15. seagull

First "official" weigh in this morning...

14st 13.5lb

No beer since Tuesday, no snacking (ok I did pick up a few sweets from our Xmas sweet bowl, but all my favourites have gone now and to be honest I didn't really enjoy eating them), soup at lunchtime, Slimming World recipe meals in the evening.

I've had a heavy cold so little or no exercise this week.

The traditional 360g Toblerone Xmas present remains unopened (I did tell the kids not to get me one this year). Actually the thought of eating THAT MUCH chocolate makes me feel a bit queasy. It was joined by an untouched chocolate orange pulled out from under the tree. In years gone by both of those would have been eaten by now.

Big Tabs, Whaleblue and wyjsar like this.
  16. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

With last nights badminton club dinner out of the way, I got on the scales for the first time since Christmas excess, and have put on four pounds. Could have been much worse and expect to be back on track by end of January.

crimsondonkey and Whaleblue like this.
  17. Whaleblue

135kg

Mince pies still settling down then.

Onwards...

18. seagull

15st 1.5lb

Up from last week but down from Jan 1st.

I sucumbed to the siren call of the Chocolate Orange. It's gone :( but not in one session and Mrs s had some.

19. Whaleblue

I never could get the hang of January.

20. diybry

diybry pfm Member