1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

PFM DIY Help Exchange

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Jo Sharp, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Chops54

Chops54 pfm Member

You have a nice set up there Glenn. I didn't realise there was another ardent bodger so close. I'm in Great Harwood.
  2. glenn jarrett

glenn jarrett pfm Member

HI Chops
    good to know i'm not the only one around here
    let me know if I can help out with anything
    regards Glenn
  3. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Even I have never been called that.
  4. Michelle01

Michelle01 New Member

Fabricating a custom Printed circuit board is not always an option for hobby electronic enthusiasts. Either it is because of the fabrication price or the over kill setup for a simple need. The PCB designing is time consuming compared to the DIY PCB board.
  5. esprit

esprit pfm Member

Can anyone with an oscilloscope help me calibrate a diy "Nigel Speed Controler" for a Garrard/Lenco.
    PR6 8BA
    Best Regards
  6. esprit

esprit pfm Member

Should have said
    Can help with building diy t/t, amps, speakers. But no oscilloscope!.
    Best Regards
  7. Jason Hubbard

Jason Hubbard New Member

I am based in Blandford Forum, Dorset at the moment but I will moving to Maidstone, Kent during 2018.

In the garage I have a pillar stand drill and a guillotine, folder, bending machine.
    In the workshop I have a bench power supply, DMM's (one with USB output), Fluke 4 channel scope, frequency generators, Peak component analyser, Peak LCR meter, soldering station, etc.

I can make basic PCB's (using iron-on transfer method).

I can assist with most things (would be nice to actually meet someone else who has this hobby).