1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Health Club

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Whaleblue, Sep 6, 2018.

1. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

It’s the low carb alternative!

blossomchris likes this.
  2. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Small increase this week.

Football tomorrow so pie and BEER. Two of my favourite things (and very good pie too) but I'll try and be good for the rest of the week.

3. wyjsar

wyjsar Nothing but heart

Good position this week given a couple of months of nothing to note due to a holiday & travelling for work. Now at 13:1, down from 14:7 in May and just about where I want to be. The next thing to think about, of course, is keeping the weight level and not get paranoid or obsessed about it. Don't lose too much more (target is a couple of pounds more and given a bit of plateauing recently that shouldn't be a problem) or put too much on (accepting Christmas is around the corner).
    Now... think balanced... think enjoyable... think maintain... think that a diet isn't just a one off just like a dog isn't just for Christmas...

This thread is great. Blokes sharing struggles and successes with weight. Keep on talking about it, it spurs on everyone who reads it and it isn't just about losing weight, it's also about being sensible and maintaining it. Great story sharing and also great advice. Big thanks to all.

seagull, stevec67, lordsummit and 2 others like this.
  4. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Still around the 13:13 mark, but I do tend to be kinder to myself at weekends..

5. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

A fasting day today, after a night out yesterday. Coming soon - 200 calories' worth of poached eggs on spinach, and an early night. I've only managed 6-1 this week, staying away with work. Still, I've been reasonably sensible in the week. As said above, sustained sensible behaviour works out in the end.

6. HarryB

HarryB pfm Member

Good week. Only half a kilo lost but over 200 miles on the bike and I feel so much fitter. Big group out today and I was up with the best on all the climbs.

Planning to knock the booze on the head next year. But will it be worth it? I do enjoy a pint, gin and tonic, whisky and dry etc.

7. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Still holding at 100kg, no dieting as such, just exercise. The wine tastes better and better unfortunately.

Bring on the new year with a new effort.

Bloss

8. Whaleblue

Whaleblue The Mighty Deoxitiser

133.9kg. Despite almost managing a 5:2.

Turns out that Christmas isn’t the best for weight loss! Right, I’ll enjoy this week, then onwards and downwards in the new year.

Mullardman likes this.
  9. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

14st 11lb (93.9kg).

I'm pleased with this having hovered around 15st for a few weeks. I haven't quite made my target (14st 7lb) but I'm not going to lose any sleep as I have now lost over 2 stone since I started.

Diet is now officially on hold until the New Year. Then we'll go again.

A friend of mine (a nurse) said to me that "it's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas that REALLY matters."

Mullardman and Whaleblue like this.
  10. Whaleblue

I’m stuffed.

11. david ellwood

Mmm chocolate!

12. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Turkey and stuffing mmmm!! Jelly Babies!!! Cheese!!!!

13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Very good duck yesterday. Christmas pudding also good, I always do the white sauce.

14. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

13 St 12 lb first thing Boxing Day? Weird..... :confused:

15. Still

Still beware of the duck

16. Whaleblue

135.2kg. Ugh.

I’m beginning to look forward to being a bit hungry.

17. Big Tabs

Big Tabs hearing problems

I haven't weighed myself for over a month now. I guess my weight is going up.

Depressing and depressed.

any strenuous exercise that doesn't involve knee's - wrists/hands/grip welcomed??

(not swimming, it is boring and all I have been able to do for ten years)

*expletive deleted

18. david ellwood

I finished ignoring what I eat yesterday and intend giving it a week before discovering the damage done.

Whaleblue likes this.
  19. Mr Cat

Mr Cat Owner

I've put over 1lb in the last month or so as I haven't been to the gym with being bad / bad back / on holiday... but we're goingto a hotel on sunday I'll use their gym, and back on the full routine from wednesday night... bring it on :)

Whaleblue likes this.
  20. Whaleblue

BT, I feel for you.

Clearly, alternatives to swimming are going to be tricky to find. How about going crazy and trying to master butterfly? Assuming you haven’t already, of course.