1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018 part II

Discussion in 'photo' started by Pete MB&D, Jun 9, 2018.

1. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

[​IMG]

I normally travel across oceans

Paulicus likes this.
  2. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

nope, but you're only about 2.5km off (unless i am mistaken).

3. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

4. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

Vuk - that's a fantastic collection of nicely curated images. The sections work well. Based on my personal tastes, I'm more naturally drawn to the 'Exhibition' section but I also really like the images in the other sections.

I must also say you are very productive! I'm happy if I produce one image every couple of days, whereas it seems you are able to produce many images every day....

Lefty

5. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

..............and British!

[​IMG]

6. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

One from Oct 2014 found while posting in another thread: 10sec walk on a bridge in Rotterdam.

[​IMG]

Rockmeister, Paulicus, Lefty and 2 others like this.
  7. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

8. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

9. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

10. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

11. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

Vuk, how on earth do you take all these (brilliant) pictures in the space of a day?

The variety and breath of subjects/genres is astonishing.

Its almost as if you visit different countries daily.

I'm lucky if I cross something worth photographing once a week :)

12. Paulicus

Paulicus pfm Member

Vuk's ignition is permanently on. He's the pace car leading the parade!

13. David W Brown

David W Brown pfm Member

Lucky (but low quality) snap from a couple of weeks ago when we lent out our Van Diemen RF82 to another driver, and he got rolled in the chicane on the first lap at Thruxton on the Saturday. We rebuilt it and managed to get it out for Race 2 on the Sunday !

[​IMG]

14. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

jeeezoos...nobody hurt? good pic btw.

15. David W Brown

David W Brown pfm Member

Only a couple of bruises, his wallet took a big hit though ;-)

ian123running likes this.
  16. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

17. Milan

Milan pfm Member

18. Milan

Milan pfm Member

19. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

thanks. i assume your question is somewhat rhetorical, but i can answer...

when you're in a big city like toronto or new york, stuff is happening and changing all the time. i live downtown and roughly 15 minutes by bike from the very heart/core of the city. not too far from there is the waterfront, with a couple of little beaches and a place where big ships deliver supplies to a spice factory (it's where those first 3 shots took place and also the one i've just added to this post, which didn't make the cut last night but i'm liking more this morning). on top of that, i've been making a big effort recently to beef up the portfolio with plans for an exhibit some time soon and getting a new agent. that means going out for about 2 or 3 hours at the end of each day, weather permitting, (i may actually take it a little easy now)

also, as you point out, i am a genre whore -- i'll shoot anything. in terms of volume that's an advantage over people who photograph "specialized" subject matter.

[​IMG]

p.s. as i've mentioned in other (non-photo threads), toronto is quite possibly the most ethnically diverse city in the world, so that's why it may appear i am in multiple countries ;-)

drummerman likes this.
  20. drummerman

drummerman pfm Member

I defo live in the wrong place