1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm server migration/outage 20/02/20

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Seems it must have caught up with all my attempts to post...

2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

It was actually nothing to do with the server, more a temporary glitch in domain routing/DNS resolving issue. As I say this aspect is not complete yet, there is still some stuff left to do, so nothing to worry about. It is not a performance/bandwidth thing. To articulate it a bit clearer at this point the DNS registration etc is still in the US and just pointing to the new server, it will in time be fully migrated over.

3. nickcase

nickcase Enlightened Member

Any chance of restoring the pfm favicon? Easy to lose track of which tab is pfm.

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ll have a look at it. I’ve no idea why it isn’t working to be honest, the whole folder structure was copied across. My browser doesn’t use them so not something I can easily test at this point.

PS Thanks again to those folk using the donation button. It is very much appreciated. I can’t reply individually at present as I usually do as my personal email is still not working correctly (and is unlikely to do so until the whole domain/DNS situation is with the new host) so I can’t reply without giving out a private non-pfm email addresses. This mainly applies to folk who’s PayPal address is different to their pfm registered email, i.e. I can’t identify you to send thanks via the PM system!

deebster likes this.
  5. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

is this the correct/intended fav/tab icon?

[​IMG]

6. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

...and you've got this as the apple touch icon:

[​IMG]

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

No, never seen that before! I’ll get to it in time.

8. RichardH

RichardH Bodging pleb

The old favicon is located in the root folder, so as Tony says it's been copied across. I guess something is overruling that and displaying a different icon somehow.

9. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

The familiar pfm one is back now for me. Better than the one vuk showed as that made it clear at work how many pfm tabs I have open.

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I copied the old one over last night, so hopefully a refresh may get it back. I don’t understand why it had gone missing.

kendo likes this.
  11. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

Probably cached somewhere. Ctrl-F5 (assumeing Chrome) would probably have brought it back for most people.

glancaster likes this.
  12. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Getting an ‘expired certificate’ warning on Safari today, anybody else seeing it?

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, just noticed it. I’ll open a support ticket.

darrenyeats likes this.
  14. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

15. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

As well - I’m being warned you are stealing my financial information. You can have my virus, but not my cash :)

16. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

FWIW site rather slow today. pages sometimes taking 2-3 seconds to load. normally happens in a blink.

17. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

That was just as the SSL was being switched over. Everything is done now.

18. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

that's not possible. i renew certificates all the time. web-service restart takes a second, at most.

i see you are on digicert now. why throw away money like that?

19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Given it happened at *precisely* the time of the switch to the new cert I’d argue it was possible. The hosting company recommended I stay with Rapid for security reasons, and given I want a single point of support for all hosting and server issues I’m happy to take their recommendation. It’s £42 a year inc VAT, so hardly worth thinking about.

20. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

It's pretty slow right now.