1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Phonography

Discussion in 'photo' started by Mr Tibbs, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Tony that's an absolute cracker!! 99 Sqn?

2. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Thanks, and yes.
    A good bunch of guys all round. It was a refreshing change to be around aircraft with the RAF, for a change. It was a positive experience that has moved the option of rejoining further forward in my mind.

Gromit likes this.
  3. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Further info on the photo. Taken with iPhone XS, then edited on lappy with Photoshop CC with plugins.

4. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Very cool pics Tony!

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  5. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Nice one. :)

Mrs Gromit did her OOA out in Turkey with 99 Sqn as their RAFLO in early 2014, arriving in the post the day before the Voyager 'incident'. Sh*t-hits-fan.

6. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I’m not aware of the incident.....

7. Gromit

Gromit Plasticine Dog

Aah - someone at BZN will give you the gen I'm sure. It did make the news however, but this probably isn't the place/thread to describe.

8. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I was at Brize last week, not sure if I’ll be returning.

9. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Aaah, @Gromit the plonker and the camera. Hmm.

All I’ll say is, the sooner the MAA is completely independent of the RAF, the better. It’s all still a little to cosy, which is exactly what the MAA was supposed to change after the awful Nimrod incident.

Gromit likes this.
  10. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Bloke at work

[​IMG]

iPhone XS

Mr Tibbs likes this.
  11. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Restoring the Victor at Duxford

[​IMG]

12. Mr Tibbs

Mr Tibbs Infinitely Baffled Member

[​IMG]

iPhone 7 - no tweaks

Mr Tibbs

13. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

B-17G, American Air Force museum, Duxford

[​IMG]

Gromit, eternumviti and TimF like this.
  14. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

I love the angle on the B-17, Tony. That aircraft is in such perfect condition, it's a shame really that it's cooped up, and will never again take to its natural environment.

The American Air museum should have a B-26 Marauder. The Essex and Suffolk countryside were full of them in 1943-44, I don't think there's a single airframe representing the type in the UK. There's one at the D-Day Museum at Utah beach, beautifully restored and painted to represent a plane from the 387th BG 'The Flying Tigers', based at RAF Chipping Ongar.

15. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

I’ve just checked on how many Marauders survive, and including all flyers, those on display and those under restoration, six. Yep, from over 5,000 built, that’s it. Quite sad really.

16. eternumviti

eternumviti pfm Member

17. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Yes. The one in France that you mentioned, one flyer in the US, with two under restoration in the States and two on display.

I doubt we will see one any time soon.

18. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Went to the twelve days of Christmas at Castle Howard over the holidays - simply superb!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

Lovely light at sunset

[​IMG]

iPhone 7

20. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

A frosty start to the day. iPhone XS coping well with a bright, low, winter sun. This was the view as I opened the blinds. Not our paddock!

[​IMG]