1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 3 To Rip SACD's

Discussion in 'audio' started by Jaspercat, Jun 6, 2012.

1. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

I don't think you can accuse Chord of 'black magic' they might overprice their case work but their technology is top notch and they usually lead where others in the hifi industry follow.

The DAC 64 was a remarkable technical achievement when it first launched. With it's custom implemented long tap filters, switchable FIFO buffer size. They had similar first with wifi and bluetooth enabled dacs. Overpriced they might be, but treading water with technology they aren't.

2. Plutox

Plutox Registered Abuser

No - I've not heard a Chord DAC outside of an exhibition space, and you know how bad they are.

I'm merely reporting that whereas Mytek is treated with respect within the pro segment of the industry, Chord is generally thought of as rose-tinted spectacles; pleasant enough but imposing its own character on the sound.

3. Jaspercat

Jaspercat pfm Member

I am actually UK based but get over to the US about 7 or 8 times a year. I have a lifelong friend that lives in Denver, he has top end stuff (Aire pre, Bryston monoblocks, YG Anats etc and maybe we could get a demo of the Mytek on his kit. I would bring my Chord over with me.

In terms of timing we are going to the Las Vegas show in January but I will likely be in Denver in October. Not sure where you are though.

I will get in touch by PM with details when my plans are firmed up and thanks for the offer.