1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential bargain alert: IMF TLS 80 mkII speakers

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by ToTo Man, May 15, 2020.

1. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

These TLS 80 mk2's look to be in very tidy condition: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...ndition-/174284108652?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

For those that don't know, the TLS 80 mk2 shares the same driver compliment as the flagship RSPM mk4 but has a slightly smaller enclosure and a simpler crossover that gives a warmer, more forgiving presentation that is less "studio monitor like". Seriously good speakers for the money with effortless low frequency extension!

Back when I had a larger listening room I used to regularly alternate between my Celestion Ditton 66 and IMFs as I couldn't make up my mind which I preferred, - both superb sounding loudspeakers IMO...

EDIT - I've just noticed the starting price has been sneakily increased from £250 to £550, so not quite as much of a potential steal as they might have been. Still very much worth £550 if they're in good working order IMO.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

They need a powerful amp, after owning a pair. Not my cup of tea, but I can see the attraction.

3. Paraheadache

Paraheadache pfm Member

Is the link working I can't get anything?

4. jimpey

jimpey pfm Member

Link works fine for me.

Seller is not far from here (15 miles or so) so a PFM taxi and temporary storage could be facilitated:)

Jim

ToTo Man likes this.
  5. stuwils

stuwils pfm Member

"These speakers have been tested to the highest volume with very good base."
    not the way I would test them?did he use the prodigy?
    Rgds
    Stuart

6. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

Only worth £550 if all the drivers are working, some of them are very difficult to find the right versions. Needs checking before payment.

7. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

A generous offer from Jim, who may come to regret it after realising the size and weight of these brutes! ;)

The TLS 80's are actually a manageable one person lift, it's the RSPMs that are the real backbreakers! :D