1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Power amp :)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Tim F, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Tim F

Tim F pfm Member

Supposed to be replacing a bathroom but just before I do I have £4k (max) just for fun, to get a beefcake solid state power amp. If you have anything contact me asap before I do something sensible :)

Mr Underhill likes this.
  2. Weeman1973

Weeman1973 pfm Member

I'll be moving on my Chord SPM 100B 200W shortly but would be well under what you're looking to spend (£1000).

Very musical amp though.

3. Magic

Magic pfm Member

What speakers will it be driving & where are you based?

There a giant MSB on here for £3k that must be worth considering.

hifinutt likes this.
  4. Tim F

Tim F pfm Member

I have Focal Scala Utopia.... based in Bedford region. I can potentially collect if it's not miles away. I also have a friend in Manchester. Not after the MSB thanks.

5. Curtis

Curtis pfm Member

I can do the bathroom Tim
    Not happy with the cyrus or bryston anymore then?

6. hutboy

hutboy pfm Member

I have pair of Simaudio 400m monblocks on here?

7. Tim F

Tim F pfm Member

Hey :) Cyrus are struggling a bit with the bass on the Focal's, they're a pretty nasty load. Still very good sound though, just think I need something with more grip. Bryston (5 channel) is in my home cinema :)

8. vogtlancs

vogtlancs pfm Member

I'm selling my fine Bryston 2.5B3 (black) power amp: 2,500£
    Please pm,
    Stefan

9. Tim F

Tim F pfm Member

Hey Stefan, I have a 9BSST already (multi-channel) and didn't enjoy the sound much when I hooked it up to the Focals sorry.