1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Proac Studio 140 pricing

Discussion in 'audio' started by antonof, Mar 8, 2018.

1. antonof

antonof pfm Member

what would be a fair price for Proac Studio 140 mk1 in VGC? I would like to sell them to my friend. Also would Naim Uniti 2x50W will be capable to run them properly?

2. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

I would have thought £4-500? I had some Studio 125’s which I used with a 202/200 and Quad 99/909 and was a great set up. I would imagine the Uniti would work unless you go really loud, presumably the best thing to do is try it?
  3. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell Fried Man in Paris

Look at www.hifishark.com, you can see what's on offer worldwide and also see what items have sold for.
    happychappy likes this.
  4. antonof

antonof pfm Member

I checked there but the prices are not realistic I guess, starting at 1.200 eur.
  5. Peter Stockwell

Peter Stockwell Fried Man in Paris

even in the "completed" sales ?
  6. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz Well-Known Member

Not sure re prices, but 400-500 seems about right. I sold some mk II ones on eBay last year for £650 - well that was the highest bidder though it could have been more.

The Naim should drive them easily, within any realistic scales/volumes.
  7. antonof

antonof pfm Member

There were some below 1k mark but most of theme way above...
  8. antonof

antonof pfm Member

Is there a big difference between Mk1 and Mk2? quality and price wise?

9. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

i would say about 700-800 , i have followed proac prices for past year . central audio had a mark 2 for some while at 795 but mark 2 have been on ebay for around 1k
  10. cjyosemite

cjyosemite pfm Member

I would be surprised if Mk1 Studio 125's would sell for so much - certainly e-bay completed sales is a good guide, checking the sale description for any oddities on the physical condition of the speakers, boxes, delivery, etc. My mint condition 5+ year old ProAc D18's sold for around £800 about 18 months ago but they were Mahogany which is not very popular these days so that could have been a factor. Asking price on e-bay is not a good guide as most sellers seem to be over-ambitious in their expectations. I allow 10% depreciation per annum on new price as a guide to my asking price.

Typing error above - I meant Studio 140's not 125's
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  11. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

ah mark one studio 125 woould sell for about 300-400 , i think the question was for 140 mark 1 . those d18 you sold were a bargain!!! would sell for more now
  12. twotone

twotone pfm Member

I sold a pair to a French wammer about four years ago for about £750 plus postage of around £70-ish
  13. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

sounds about right
  14. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Just checked, I sold them for £750 inc postage to France in Feb 2013 and bought them for £845 in Jan 2010 inc postage from Sussex, believe new retail they were £1440.