1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Proof that Dudamel is the greatest conductor ever...

Discussion in 'classical' started by mandryka, Apr 21, 2020.

1. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

2. George J

George J Herefordshire member

How times have changed. A conductor for Corona-virus era, perhaps.

3. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

By the way, George, I meant to tell you, I’ve discovered a wonderful double bass player, an Italian called Steffano Scodanibbio. Avant garde music - I discovered him via some Scelsi - but very good.

4. George J

George J Herefordshire member

My double bass hero is the late Franticek Posta, who for decades was the first bass in the Czech Phil, as well as being a wonderful soloist on his instrument.

This is only a little bit of fun, but it does show his superb musicianship and his more or less peerless ability to make the old dog kennel sound the equal in expression of any of the violin family.

Of the English bass players Rodney Slatford knew Posta well, and one day offered him to play his own best double bass. As Slatford commented afterwards, it made him wonder why he had ever chosen the instrument as a career! For the first time Posta had made Slatford's bass sound, "correct!"

Best wishes from George

5. lagavullin10y

lagavullin10y pfm Member

6. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

He is conducting the soundtrack to Spielbergs new version of West Side Story.In this music he is justly famed and reaches the electrifying heights of even Bernstein in Bernstein's own music