1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Time

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Sep 28, 2017.

1. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Thanks for letting me know Tony. I'll catch it on iPlayer. Claire Perry was the main reason I turned the programme off.

Jack

2. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

The BBC should get Jeremy Kyle to host it. It's already pretty much there, and post-Brexit he could be refereeing any fisticuffs.

3. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Worst, and that takes some doing, QT I've ever witnessed.

4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

Normally it's the audience who get shouty but even Barry Gardner was a bit 'tetchy'.

5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

How Gammony was the audience this week? I missed it.

6. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

Someone should volunteer to get the timings for the best/worst bits so that the rest of us can just fast forward to them on the iPlayer afterwards. And it'll not be me as I refuse to watch it live!

7. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

How Gammony Was My Audience (2018, UK, B/W) An unashamedly sentimental look back at Britain in the so-called ‘Brexit years’ before the civil war. Starring Jude Law, Jane Horrocks and an unforgettable cameo by Pam Ayres as Theresa May. *****

8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Remarkably. If the aim of the program was to make the UK look like a total shit-heap governed by morons and informed by the ugliest press imaginable it did a damn fine job. I have respect for Gina Miller and Barry Gardiner, but on a panel with some pomopus alt-right Brexiter from the Telegraph, Claire Perry and Piers Morgan and hosted in a room of gammon they had no chance.

PS I don’t think the audience was entirely right-wing/Brexit at all, Miller and Gardiner got a good bit of support and applause, they were just very shouty. The whole thing looked very aggressive and the over-paid Dimbleby was not in control at all.

9. monkfish

monkfish pfm Member

Porcine Piers was on, so gammon (and ham (and porkies)) were in abundance.

10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

I was disappointed he didn't push Barry Gardner on what he meant by "a constitutional crisis".

11. MVV

MVV pfm Member

It is on Utube if you have a strong stomach. Just had a flick through and my day will take a bit of time to recover. Predictably Gina Miller was quite good and made an interesting point at about 44 about May. Shouted down by the vile Morgan.

Her point being that 'on a human level it is amazing that May is still there with type 1 diabetes, the stress and continually undermined by the men supposed to be supporting her "playing power games". Now I'm pretty sure that this will be shouted down here too. But they have a vicars daughter there just to take the drop for them. Not yet mind she has more pain to take and I'm sure she would like not to have to do that; no-one would want that job. Duty however misguided and manipulated has to be her motivation. Me I would have resigned, publicly said why and left the tossers to pick up the cross.

12. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Apart from the decline of QT I take real issue on how long they give to questions on brexit or the NHS. Lets have 6 questions of 10 minute duration. I suppose at least we were spared the politician response to the world cup defeat.

13. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

I think that would scupper any possibility of the peerage that all politicians crave at the end of their commons career as a reward for playing the game by the book. For example, I don’t expect to see Lord Cameron any time soon.

14. mondie

mondie pfm Member

He sure is, this clip where Jim Jefferies tells him to f@ck off is brilliant. For all those who detest Piers