1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Time

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Sep 28, 2017.

1. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

It appears that QT was so short of gammon in Scotland that they had to use the same UKIPer for the 4th time in the audience. Questions have apparently been asked. :rolleyes:
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bbc-investigating-after-scots-ex-13973034

tqineil likes this.
  2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

A known religious bigot and audience plant.

“He even has the same shell suit on he wore previously”. Love it!

Surprised he didn’t get run out of a Motherwell when he showed up. It is not the first time and we’ve even had Union Jack waving/ nazi saluting extras bused in from Ulster and England.

cooky1257 likes this.
  3. droodzilla

droodzilla pfm Member

TheDecameron likes this.
  4. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

According to another article in the National, Fiona Hyslop's reply to this guy was edited down to some 7 seconds, as Mitchell started shouting over her. Quality BBC :rolleyes:

5. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

Tonight's panellists are Jacob Rees-Mogg, Lisa Nandy, Jimmy Wales, Grace Blakeley and Geoff Norcott.

6. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

^ Popcorn ready.

JRM will do the usual, Puke.

7. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

So I understand JRM was on last night defending concentration camps.

Normal country, very normal.

cooky1257 likes this.
  8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Yes, unsurprisingly he seems to rather like them.

9. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

From The Guardian.

10. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Right. So the BBC aren't normalising far-right fascism then. At all. It's just in the name of balance and impartiality, of course.

11. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I think it would be better to include the fact that the discussion was about Churchill as to whether he was a hero or villain. Certainly a war hero because he was about the only suitable leader around, we have come full circle with the latest lot,Blair, Cameron and May.
    All our family and local friends reckoned that every time he opened his mouth we got bombed during the war and such opinions get lost over time.

Issues under debate included the miner killed at Tonypandy for which a lot of longstanding feeling has been carried on against Churchill and camps to hold people while the farmers were involved in the Boar war.

John Macdonnell felt that Churchill was a villain and gave the wrong political answer and who would expect JRM to say anything but support his own kind.

12. Brian S

Brian S pfm Member

At least the idiotic question on Churchill, and John Macdonell's mistake in answering it, gave Nicolas Soames an opportunity to voice his high Tory contempt for the less fortunate. I was disappointed that Fiona Bruce seemed to think Soames' comment 'Poundstore Lenin' had some merit, and quoted it.

13. Colin L

Colin L pfm Member

We like Grace Blakeley very much. :D Oh yes.

jackbarron likes this.
  14. Cav

Cav pfm Member

Why does anyone watch this? Do you also watch Jeremey Kyle?

15. TheDecameron

Soames himself is utterly odious- a grotesque entitled bigot from the 1950s.

16. Darmok

Darmok "A Priori Teleology."

^ I concur, a Knight?

Pfff, Lard more like.

17. Brian S

Brian S pfm Member

It does make death much more agreeable.

I have never seen Jeremy Kyle. A friend assures me that would have the added benefit of suicide.

Cheers, Brian S

18. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

From today's Sunday Herald concerning JRM's assertion that the death rate in the concentration camps was the same as Glasgow at the time, but you already knew he was a liar who sounded authentic.
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...oer-war-concentration-camps-true/?ref=mr&lp=2

TheDecameron likes this.
  19. TheDecameron

That’s why I think a Mogg is dangerous- he gives the air of someone with ‘high moral standards’ and thus would never tell a bare faced lie to the public, in much the same way some clergymen would never attract suspicion when they were interfering with your children.

20. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Anyone spotted the Tory audience plant yet?

PS I lived in Chester for a while back in the early ‘80s. In a mental hospital!