1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Time

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Sep 28, 2017.

1. thebigfredc

thebigfredc pfm Member

I haven’t watched QT since the Peter Sissons era but if as espoused on here they are deliberately letting known NF and EDL members into the audience then it does seem out of kilter with bbc ethos of neutrality and more aligned with chasing ratings.

2. Dave***t

Dave***t Revolutionary relativist

Welcome to the last few years of Question Time.

There’s journalism to back it up if you want to read it (for example here), but really just this awful woman by herself tells you most of what you need to know.

deanf and jackbarron like this.
  3. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The linked Open Democracy article is right on the nail. I gave up watching Question Time regularly some years ago. The programme - and the BBC in general - had been getting more and more right-wing in terms of its guests and studio audiences. Some people say this is down to the BBC trying to achieve balance, but that's nonsense. It is a deliberate tactic by the Corporation. Things like this don't happen by accident.

Jack

ff1d1l likes this.
  4. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

This week's show will have no audience. Might watch it for once.

jackbarron and TheDecameron like this.
  5. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I shall miss the porcine, sweating finger jabbers and their insights into the costs of translators in the NHS for all them as is comin in for health tourism.

Weekender likes this.
  6. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

It's going to be annoying, because people will say, "Look how politics can be without the public!" whereas what they'll mean is, Look how it can be when you don't get a bunch of condescending toffs to handpick absolute roasters and rile them up in front of a camera so that we all look bad.

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Baroness Warsi and Labour’s Debbie Abrahams amongst others have challenged QT platforming the far-right (Guardian).

Dave***t and TheDecameron like this.
  8. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Richard Horton from The Lancet is absolutely demolishing the Tory deflection oaf whose name I forget, as one would expect. Well worth a watch if missed.

Brian and Shadders like this.
  9. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

Tony. Can I ask ( I thought it was on later) if my TV is likely to survive "accidental" damage?

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Its all quite calm, but great to see a true expert talking truth to power. There is just nowhere for the Tory austerity-droid to hide. The risk/strain the NHS is currently under was entirely predictable and preventable.

Mullardman and Roger Adams like this.
  11. Alex S

Alex S carbon based lifeform

This programme is about a million times better on the radio and with no audience.

12. Shadders

Shadders pfm Member

I think the panellists play to the audience when they are there, and as per Politic Live, the bickering between the panellists really does annoy people. It is point scoring rather than critical debate.

13. Roger Adams

Roger Adams pfm Member

My fervent hope is that HMG will now be forced through public pressure, to properly equip the service (through increased contributions), and to expand it to cope with any future pandemic or wave. When you see a loved one lying on a trolly in a hallway desperately waiting for a bed, a doctor and proper care, it really doesn't matter if you are paying 6% or 10%. Trust me.

Mullardman and Shadders like this.
  14. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

Car salesmen rhetoric from the Tory minister. Thank God for Nicola Surgeon who has now appointed her own health advisers. COBRA no more.

15. Alex S

I think non essential construction work will end soon.

16. I.D.C.

I.D.C. pfm Member

It has up north you need a strong leader the uk does not have one. When are people going to wake up. People many will have no income. How long do you think it takes to processes one person ? Very dark days are around the corner buckle up.

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Is this on iPlayer? Had no idea it was on early. Edit: nope, got it now - schedule, replay

18. Alex S

Adrian Chiles on 5-Live asking what happened to Priti Patel which seems a fair question. Isn’t she Home Secretary?

19. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

His name escaped both my wife and I. There is a lot of competition, but the tory has to rank as one of the worst tories.

I.D.C. likes this.
  20. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

Stay at Home Secretary.
    She was on the news earlier Skype-ing about punishing people.

stephen bennett likes this.