1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by lawrence001, Feb 8, 2020.

1. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

After trying a few options I've decided to use an RPi to dabble with occasional streaming.

I'd prefer a WiFi version, but if there's a good reason why an earlier board has better sound quality (in terms of the electronics, obviously wired streaming will sound better) I'd consider it.

Also I'd like a nice case, but I could always get one on eBay if the board itself was cheap. Also if it comes with a memory card with the software on that's a bonus too. I'd like LMS/Squeezelite but will consider other options.

WHYG?

2. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

I’ve got a Rasperry pi 3 with Allo DigiOne SPDIF. It’s loaded with DietPi running as a Roon endpoint. £95 inc P&P.

3. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Sorry I didn't get a notification of your reply. I've got a USB convertor so I don't need a hat just a simple Pi but thanks for the offer.

4. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

5. ewencummins

ewencummins pfm Member

Hi,

Not back at the ranch until next weekend. I bought one as a project - I think from Pinkfish - then realised I'd never get around to it. It's got the Pi, quite a nice black perspex case with metal uprights, power supply I think. It came with three micro SD cards which I've used for other things, but I assume that means it's also got a memory card slot. If you're not sorted by next weekend (23rd) I can check it out and send some pics. A reasonable donation to a mutually acceptable charity would be fine by me.

Ewen.

6. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Today I bought a new RPi3 model B with case and ModmyPi PSU on eBay for £29.95. I’m pretty sure there were some left.

7. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Would you mind PM'ing me a link please as it hasn't come up in my search?

8. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Thanks Ewen that's very generous let's touch base next week when you're back.

9. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

10. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Thanks that's a good deal, I'll wait to hear back from Ewen though I think.