1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Man's Sport

Discussion in 'off topic' started by merlin, May 28, 2014.

1. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Football doesn’t blood test.
    It urine tests.

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr pfm Member

Well, that's just taking the piss...

3. Ragaman

Ragaman pfm Member

I would place decathlon, Olympic marathon & professional boxing ahead of this as far as being the toughest goes. All take extreme levels of natural ability, fitness, coordination, endurance & mental strength.
    Football is more to do with natural ability, physical endurance & coordination with team mates, takes time to reach the accepted level but once there it's quite easy to maintain.

4. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

You are all wrong this is the greatest test of bottle ever.

Pete

5. sq225917

sq225917 situation engineer

I'd be buggered if I'd spectate on the outside of those bends

6. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

British bulldog is by far the most violent and dangerous game. We played it at school until the number of broken bones became more that parents would accept. It was the best game for kicking the shit out of school bullies with impunity.

sq225917 likes this.
  7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

8. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Much as I love watching road racing and admire the skill and bravery of the riders I think you have to have "something missing" to participate.

9. -alan-

-alan- pfm Member

^Fear of the consequences of falling off - that's all. Not a big deal really..

10. Dowser

Dowser Learning to bodge again..

Sure, as long as you don’t have it :)

11. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Nobody has no fear of falling off, or at least not for long. I've known fearless climbers, after a fall and serious injury they soon wake up. I'm sure motorcyclists are the same. In addition, anyone who really thinks that schoolboys playing bulldog is a patch on 2 adults going toe to toe in a ring for 3 x 3 minutes is deluded. Now try 10 x 3 minutes.