1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebekah Brooks charged

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Nick Urfe, May 15, 2012.

1. Nick Urfe

Nick Urfe pfm Member

Rebekah Brooks to be charged over phone hacking.

LOL.

2. mudlark

mudlark nearly half a clue

You don't say! Wonders never cease. If she gets burnt you can bet that she will be considering spilling the beans on the rest of the pigs at the trough.

3. thedanfan

thedanfan pfm Member

4. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

5. Mick P

Mick P Retired and content

Inocent until proven guilty - stop baying like a hungry hound, it is demeaning.

6. DaveKen

DaveKen Numptie old newbie.

Nope, I doubt that - 'they' will find ways of keeping her quiet (and her husband or the 5 others who are also to be charged) - maybe threats,maybe rewards, but neither of them strike me as having the 'balls' to open up the rat's nest and damn the consequences.
    Time will tell.

7. TheDecameron

Mick, what's "inocent"? You obviously are oblivious to the remarkable similarity of the post you criticise and the very same style of Ms. Brooks and her former employer.

What goes around comes around....

8. darrylfunk

darrylfunk Banned

looks like the charges relate to evidence disposal and perverting the course of justice.

no mention yet of hacking related charges.

9. simeon

simeon No fixed engagements

These are perverting the course of justice charges. Hacking ones would be separate and additional. As would be computer hacking.

10. simeon

She still hasn't been charged for the egregious crime of being editor of the Sun.

11. TheDecameron

Rebbekkah and chums will now be giving considerable thought as to whether they hang separately or hang together. Given the length of time they could spend doing bird, I'm certain that incendiary revelations will spill forth. Expect a Murdoch or two and if that doesn't get a discount then maybe.......

12. mmterror

mmterror pfm Member

Yeah who cuts a deal first.

13. Anex

Anex Señor Member

Lulz. Excellent news.

14. TheDecameron

You have to admire the cheek, they must have forgotten themselves for a minute there and thought the police, Downing St. and everyone else concerned were still in their pocket. The same arrogant, high-handed blame shifting and denial. These people are the real dregs of society, not the thousands of victims they've made money off in The Sun and The Screws.

15. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

I'm sure the CPS will be working extra hard on this after their press statement's comments.

16. simeon

At least it explains the background to Rebekah's wide-eyed astonishment at the inexplicable loss of texts, emails and her PA's diary that she announced at Leveson a few days ago. Quelle suprise.

Incidentally, Jay asked about the choice of the name 'Rubicon' for the first time that day. I guess he's saving a fuller exploration of that for the politicians.

17. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

With a bit of luck she will tell the truth for once and bring down the current administration. This is not to say that the previous lot didn't also have their heads in the same trough. In reality I expect there will be a deal in exchange for a 'sympathetic' sentence from one of the old school ties sitting on the bench.

18. darrylfunk

darrylfunk Banned

sadly not a lot about this on the sky news channel.....

19. TheDecameron

There's more serious news. a lefty midget in froggy land is trying to wreck the Euro economy innit.

20. DaveKen

DaveKen Numptie old newbie.

Not a snowball's chance in hell IMHO - there's far too much at stake for those at the top for them to allow that to happen, and not just for this administation - can't see those being asked to decide between 'Hang alone or hang together', can you, in all honesty?

The decisions on that aspect will not be left with 'an old school tie on the bench' - someone much higher up will take that decision and the 'old school tie' will receive his knighthood or peerage in due course for totally unrelated services to (take your pick of any no. of options).
    Just my opinion - let's just enjoy their discomfort while it lasts :D .
    Dave.