1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by tones, Jan 15, 2020.

1. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

"Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez" is now on Netflix. This is some story. If you can imagine a top footballer player in the Premier League embroiled in 3 murders with two of them down to a spilt drink then you have some idea what this story covers. Very well put together doc.

crimsondonkey and windhoek like this.
  2. lazycat

lazycat pfm Member

Sex Education.
    Both Series.

I admit that I'm somewhat emotionally retarded but I've found it to be the funniest and most truthful thing I've watched in, well, a long time.

Can't recommend it enough.

Ex sexual health professional.

wow&flutter, jtrade and AndyU like this.
  3. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

We’re half way through series two. Superb! Witty, clever, moving, just a really pleasurable, entertaining, beautifully made series. Thought Series 1 was very good, but series 2 is even better.

4. Taff63

Taff63 pfm Member

Ferrari 312B on Prime. Film following the restoration of this fabulous car with racing footage and interviews with the likes of Foghieri, Ickx, Lauda and Stewart. Great stuff.

5. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Another vote for Sex Education - absolutely superb.

AndyU likes this.
  6. synapse

synapse pfm Member

has no one mentioned 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime...great dark fun with some great characters, including Karl Urban (ST Bones) doing a Dick Van Dyke cockney but very sweary...recommended

stephen bennett likes this.
  7. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Long Shot on Netflix, witty rom-com.

8. Alan Brown

Alan Brown Registered LUser

Bananaman is now on Prime.

That and and Picard. Halcyon days...

9. jtrade

jtrade pfm Member

Has Succession (HBO) been mentioned ?

I watched the first one and a half episodes a few months back & gave up. Last month I started watching from e5 with my sister and b-in-law and started to enjoy it a lot more. Now really enjoying Season 2...

AndyU likes this.
  10. vuk

vuk \o/ choose anarchy

hmmm. i also gave up early in season 1. similar situation as with star trek disco where you hate ALL of the characters.

11. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Succession is magnificent. Utterly repulsive characters who are totally enjoyable. Takes a couple of episodes before you hook into its humour. Brian Cox won a well deserved Best Actor - even lying inert on life support in a hospital bed he somehow radiated such intense power. The world of powerful people is probably more like this than we realise. Started series 2 last night, feels even better. Good music too. And I think I’ve got the hots for Shiv.

wiresandmore and jtrade like this.
  12. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Well I’m further through series 2 of Succession now, it just gets better and better, thrilling, intelligent, funny, violent, extraordinary performances and writing and filming, definitely heading towards being one of the best five tv series I’ve ever seen. Highly recommended. You need to listen, and you need to look at everyone’s face all the time.

13. darrenyeats

darrenyeats pfm Member

Carry Pilby on Netflix.

14. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

Ragnarok - Netflix. Binged all 6 episodes last night / this morning. Couldn't put it down. The scenery was just. Wow.

Amber Audio and Wolfmancatsup like this.
  15. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

I'm hoping to start watching this at the weekend...

16. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

The Stranger’s good

17. Amber Audio

Amber Audio Trade: Amber Audio

Really enjoyed it, binge watched too. Chatter about series 2 next year and Loki appearing.

18. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Enjoyed Ragnarok too

19. AndyU

AndyU pfm Member

Just finished Succession Series 2 last night. A tremendous series, just gets better and better. Lately we’ve been watching an episode twice just to pick up on the things we missed the first time round. Not quite sure how to follow it. If anyone is interested in the music, which was very fine, there’s an interesting video here of the composer talking about it and playing it.

20. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

AndyU, what did you think of Succession? Any good? ;)

AndyU likes this.